Category 5, 176 Visa

paula16

Hi

we lodged our PR 176 (category 5)application in June 2009 when we were in Durban, we are currently living in NSW working on 457 visa. We are patiently waiting to be allocated at CO, I would like to ask if any you guys out there in the same situation as us been contacted by DIAC? I would really like to know how you are coping.

We lodged 175 in April 2009, also cat 5. We got our Visa 2 months ago, I'm positive that yours might be just around the corner......

Hi paula 16, you can have a look at the following link:

https://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

It looks as if your group is waiting, we SO know that frustration, have been waiting for 4 years and 2 months and only about three weeks ago, got a CO ! After only one request, we've heard nothing from the CO yet, so the waiting continues.

I almost want to say 'condolences', I know, know, know how it feels to wait and wait and wait ! May your wait be NOT as long as ours was.

Hi alida

I can see all 175 applications have been allocated a case worker and we are now the last lot. I am not one to chat like this but this continual waiting has got the better of me. I would really like to know if anyone else on a 176 has made progress this year 2014. As they say all good things come to those who wait. Where are you now with your PR are you still in south africa?

Hi, Paula16 - we've been allocated a CO some three weeks ago, after 4 yrs and 2 months of waiting. The CO has requested some more paperwork from us, which hubby collected and sent within a week. Since then, that is two weeks now, we've heard nothing - hope every day for THAT email ...

• Like 1

Hi Paula16, we applied for a 176 visa in June 2008 and have not heard a word. I have contacted our agents on numerous occasions for updates or ANY info but they don't seem to know anymore than we do :-(

We have friends who just scraped through the cut off date in 2007 (I think it was) when visas were still being processed fairly quickly... And that was the Sept - so I can only imagine the number of visas in line before ours.

We have moved on and have started the process for a 190 visa now - sadly we can't wait around indefinitely for the Cat 5 176 queue to start moving. (6 years is long enough!!)

I don't get why it takes so long unless its job/skill related due to fluctuations in the Australian workforce. I applied for my 176 (state sponsored) as an electrician on the 29th April 2009 and got my visa 5 January 2010. Friends of mine also got their visa that same day and applied just a month before me. Dont know how you manage to stay sane through all that time, respect.

I am now applying again, this time for a partner visa as I met someone while applying back then. We are now married and have kids and my wife has decided that Australia is the right option :-) back into the system I go, now as a sponsor...

Hi,

I came across this forum on my search for others stranded like me in Cat 5 176FS for donkey years now. Thought i would also join and share my pain, though I am not in South Africa (hope this is not exclusively for South Africans!)

We applied in Sept 2009 for 176FS, got pushed to Cat 5 in 2010 and are still waiting with no news, they haven't started with 176FS yet and no announcement of what they plan to do, I am also in another forum that has a lot of forum members in my state of limbo and desperate.We have even compiled a list of all those waiting but not even the earliest, I think from Dec 2007 or early 2008 has a CO!

Hope things do get better for us in this financial year because the wait has now been just too long and frustrating! the worst part is that one can't make any long term plans, like schools, car, home because we don't know how long it is going to take, Why cant the immi guys just give us a time frame or even acknowledge our exisitance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paula

Yes we are in the same boat, what a debacle. Our 176 Cat 5 visa was lodged in december 2008 and to date I have not heard a word. It is a total black hole in terms of communication and even my agent is clueless. A totally unfair and unprofessional situation if you ask me. We have considered changing our visas in the last year or so but i just cant warrant R100k for something that I have already paid for. We went as far as doing a LSD trip etc in 2009. I have very little faith in their system and with all due respect to people who are applying now and getting visas in a couple months it is a very unfair situation.

Thank goodness we have carried on living our lives. My kids are at the Gr1/2 age where it would be good if this now happened but in all honesty this whole 6 years of waiting has turned me off the place. If we get it great we will probably go through with it, but if it doesnt come well so be it as well. I dont think anyone should have a go at SA immigration services and time delays etc, i highly doubt they would leave people hanging by a thread for 6 years.

I hope you get some good new soon.

regards

• Like 1

It is a shocking situation and even though I'm a citizen now the whole process makes me very angry. I really feel your pain guys. They have no right to do this. I wonder if you should contact some of the TV channels in Australia. Maybe an expose about taking people's money and throwing them under the bus would help...!

• 5 months later...

Hi Cat 5'ers,

Any 176FS applicants get allocated CO's recently? We've been waiting since July 2008 and are considering reapplying for a different visa...