Where I am staying...

Eyebrow

This normal in Australia?

Rescuing kangaroos and keeping them?

post-17558-0-23638300-1406865812_thumb.j

Edited by Eyebrow

I hope so, then I can too! :king:

normal..... no ...

In some states it is even illegal, in Victoria for example you are not allowed to touch any local animals, so no holding koala's in Victoria, NSW it is not a problem...

Not sure if they would let you keep them as pets tho

I ride mine to work; just like I had lions roaming the streets in Saffa-land. :whome:

• Like 1

We have a South African lady here in Emerald, Qld, who is a wild life carer, she came to visit me one day for a coffee and brought her Joey with so he could be fed, she is amazing, is forever rescuing Joeys and Kaolas, and funds this out of her own pocket, with a few small donations from a tin and the Vet's office. One day when she had quite a few Joeys, her husband even took some to work and left them in their bags on the chairs in the boardroom and fed them during the day. A labour of love.

You probably just need to sign up as a wildlife carer to be allowed to do it...they are often looking for people to sign up and help look after injured animals in their home. Of course in less urban parts people would just do it regardless...