Auditing prospects in Aus

Theunis

With the accounting market looking a bit bleak does anyone know how good the auditing jobmarket is? I am currently a partner in a medium sized firm and when me move to Aus it is my intention to find a job at an auditing firm and hopefully one day become a partner there too. Any advise or experience?

Theunis,

Auditing is probably your best bet actually. My wife landed a senior management position with one of the big 4 from SA, they're picking up all our relocation costs and she starts in Sydney 1st December, had our pick of Sydney or Melbourne, different clients. Point is there seems to be scope and know of several auditors in senior and partner positions that have landed jobs from SA or in Aus quite quickly. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

Hi Matt

Thank you for the reply. I have actually been following you on the forum and all your replies because I sort of identify with you in terms of the auditing thing. I was hoping for a respond from you and it gives me some peace of mind that auditing will help us. I will probably stay in auditing for as long as I possibly can and I hope to one day be a partner in Australia somewhere. Good luck with the move and I look forward to your success story on the forum. Maybe just maybe my networking process can start with you guys. Who knows.

Theunis