Couriering PCC's

HI everyone

I just wanted to ask opinions from those that has PCC's done outside of Pretoria. We're in Durban so would need to ahve fingerprints done and were planing on couriering to Pretoria. Is this a viable option? The other option is a service our agent offers. We mail them our prints and they will drops off and fetch documents but the cost is R500/person. This seems like it'll be a lot more expensive than a normal courier.

Any opinions/experiences?

We used the service of PostNet for our PCC's. They delivered the documents and collected them for us. Then they just phoned to let us know they were ready for collection. But I think we paid about R600 for their service (this was for both of us). Worth every cent as friends of who sent their PCC's as the same time as us via Post Office (overnight) Speed services received theirs about 2 weeks after us.

I have also heard that Postnet is efficient! It would probably be the best route if you're not in Gauteng. I would think that it would be than a courier because they can follow the progress.

We did our fingerprints, filled out the application, paid our fee in Cape Town and then couriered everything to our Migration agent (who is based in Pretoria). They handed it in and collected it on our behalf for free!

We also used Postnet - in Westville - efficient enough :whome: Pay once for both certificates

We also used Postnet R600 for both of us from Bloemfontein drop off and collect. I just phoned them this morning to arrange the pick-up. It was defnitely the cheapest and fastest option for us.

We used a Postnet that is fairly near to the police station we went to, so they knew how it all worked and were very good. I phoned Pretoria after about 2 weeks to follow up and then let Postnet know that they could collect the PCC.

I am not sure if you have read any other topics on the PCC subject and maiden names. If you want your maiden name to appear on the PCC, you need to include a certified copy of your marriage certificate and write it in big letters on the form.

Hi Tazzn

I did my police clearance at the Durban North police station for R59 and then posted it registered mail to Pretoria with a return registered envelope inside for R 167. Within 3 days I received an sms indicating that they had received my clearance application. I have logged onto the SAPS website with my ID under "clearances" and it says they are busy with it. I sent mine off on 22 July and am hoping it will take 3 to 6 weeks as advised by the police station. Will let you know any progress.

All the best with your VISA, you are nearly there! Hope its a easy and smooth process for you and that you will hear the good news soon!

Also about to go for our PCC, so interested to follow this feed to see how long they actually take.

We sent ours via Postnet from East London on 3 July and it was ready for collection on 31 July. Postnet also collected them for us and we had them in our hands on 1 Aug.

Police clearance done and on their way in the post. Sent on 22 July, starting working with it on 25 July ( date received an SMS to say they got the form ) and received an SMS to say it's been completed today ( 11 Aug ) so it took about 2 weeks. Hoping it arrives in our post box soon. This was done for R 59 at police station and then posted at the post office registered mail and sent with a registered mail 'return' envelope

Police clearance done and on their way in the post. Sent on 22 July, starting working with it on 25 July ( date received an SMS to say they got the form ) and received an SMS to say it's been completed today ( 11 Aug ) so it took about 2 weeks. Hoping it arrives in our post box soon. This was done for R 59 at police station and then posted at the post office registered mail and sent with a registered mail 'return' envelope

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the payment. Do you take cash to the police station where you are getting fingerprints done?

Edited by Tazzn

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info- also at PCC and medical stage.

Picked up our unabr certificates this Saturday and my husband's ID number and first name was correct - surname and parents totally different.

My certificate had my parents names but no IDs. Mums DOB (says - not stated) and Dads DOB is 1948 instead of 1946!!!

This is after applying in March and struggling to get it through their call center. Then finally Paid an agent on JHB to assist- R850 to try and get it - got it but worng- so FRUSTRATED!. They said that we have to come back and speak to the supervisor (any ways....)

Noooo Niro that is so frustrating.

I am getting worried about our PCC's. Sent them via courier last week. Got a message from the courier that they were delivered at 11:30am on Tuesday the 2nd. Still haven't received an sms.

Feeling exhausted with the service dept now.

Will do PCCs this week.

I also have a problem with the medical bookings - they can only do week days. So we have to take leave - still trying to figure out the best day.