Move Cubes

Bradporter

Hi Folk,

I haven't been on this forum in ages. Been too busy settling down in Oz and living the life. The end of this month I celebrate my 1 year anniversary in Oz - amazing how time flies when you're having fun.

I have a friend of mine coming over on a one year contract and wants to bring a few of his belongings over with him, the likes of 2 beds, linen, clothes and a motorcycle.

Who can give me some more info of how "move cube" works or possible even contact details of a service provider for him to talk to. This would be from Durban to Melbourne.

I look forward to any advise or information.

Thanks folks

Brad

Hey Brad.

Congrats on your 1 year. We have just had ours too. Gee but time flies when you are having fun!

We used a move cube (large) for all our belongings. We were very happy with it and the company.

SO they arrive with the cube on a trailer, you pack it. you have to label each box with the contents and do an inventory yourself.

When it arrives in oz, you pay the inspection fee, and then they deliver it to you. again, you unpack it yourself (the driver was nice to us and helped out)

I need to look for the contact details and will get back to you soon.

T

Hi Brad,

I'm also curious to learn more about the Move Cube as my boyfriend and I are planning for the big move. Mr and Mrs K... What did you fit in your large move cube? How long did it take to get to Aus?What made you decide not to use a container? I have read seven seas website but personal experience is always a winner! :)

HI lisa

We certainly did not have enough to fill even half a container. Nor did we have the money for one, even if we could fill it.

We were able to get a chaise, a few tables that my dad made, a chest of draws, guitars, bicycles, large framed paintings/photos, and all our more personal belongings. It really was a lot, most of which is currently stored in our garage as we dont have space for it in the rental.

We chose a move cube as we did not plan to bring things like fridges, or other big furniture items. our thinking was, if we need to buy stuff on arrival, what is the point of having it "on its way" in a container.

My neighbour also used a large move cube and he could fit a double bed and base upright in it, and then packed boxes around it. So a bed or two would fit, but then you are limited to how much extra you could fit.

I may be wrong, but two large move cubes would still be cheaper than a container or half a container.

Our move cube cost R12 000 from Durbs to Brisbane, then a further(i cant remember) but about $300 for the inspection fee. Took 8 weeks in total door to door. Not that long on a ship tho. The timing was great for us, as we had time to secure a rental this side. Remember you need to provide them with a delivery address before your cube docks this side, so make sure you will have a home by then. if you change your address, there is a fee.

Hi Mr and Mrs K,

Thank you so much for your detailed response!! :) You have definitely sold me on the move cube. Can't believe it was that quick! 8 weeks is excellent. Yeah the only thing that was swaying me towards a container was because I really wanted to take the couch. But the extra cost of taking a container just isn't worth it. Was happy not to take appliances. One large cube should do the job then.

Thanks again. This really helped me! :) Also surprised how inexpensive the inspection fee was! Move cube it is! I assume you used Seven Seas?

We are also going to take a move cube, we have measured it out in our study and I am sure it will be big enough for what we want to take.

I think the amount of money it will cost for a conatiner can go towards buying new stuff in Oz, and we don't have enough to fill it anyway.

Thanks for the advice:)

Movecube did not make sense for us. We also wanted to bring two beds and with two mattresses and bases there is really very little space left in the large cube...