Hello There!

ORC

Heya. I'm RCO (Initials) :)

Spent weeks looking up and reading loads of info on the internet and i'm from CPT so thought this would be a good place to join and start.

I've read all the wealth of info here and hope to document my story to help those in a similar situation. Because I'm single, I intend doing this all on my own (hoping it's not too bad).

I'll be going the 189 visa route and have booked and paid for my IELTS, which I'm writing in August and have started studying and practicing.

Paperwork, work history, educational information for assessment is almost all collected and will be certifying it (certified true copy by a Commissioner of Oaths / NOT SAPS) all by Monday and submitting it.

I may be wrong or optimistic but I believe as I'm single, the process is a little easier and I'm confident I can do it on my own.

Hoping I can help others in a similar position as I've done tons of research, but now it's time to do and move forward.

• Like 2

Welcome and love your attitude! Go for it! :D

Welcome to the forum, best of luck with your application!

Hiya :)

If I were single I would be so outta here already lol. You are definately in the best position...provided you are the type to cope well on your own and don't need family support etc. Single folk get to just pack up and go over and try their luck with no stress about whether or not your partner is or will ever be happy there. No worries about settling the kids in. Less worries about jobs/finances as you dont have a family to support. You get to go rough it out there till you make it.

I wish you all the best of luck!

• Like 1

Welcome RCO,

Best of luck and if you have a straightforward application, then there is no problem doing it on your own, should me much easier and CHEAPER that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello RCO,

Welcome....wishing you well. Look forward to hearing to your story. I arrived in Perth last week. I am also on my "own". fortunate enough to have land a " company transfer".

I didnt go through an agent. Wasn't too difficult, I did the IELTS - didn't believe it was a requirement, but didn't want to hold up visa. OK so I wasted my money there.

As mentioned in my post, I have suffered a bit this week with anxiety, suddenly realising I'm here alone without a support structure.

Wishing you all the success you deserve. :)