Introducing myself

Gr8WhiteJacques

Good day everybody.

So this is me :

I'm a 35 year "young" guy, that made the choice 3 years ago to pack up lock,stock and barrel from RSA. Came to Perth as a mature age student, hoping to secure PR eventually here in Aus. Making the decision to leave a managerial position in retail, because it was soul destroying, and finally getting a degree (Bachelor Creative Industries), I thought that there must be more to life than working +225 hours per month for peanuts.

I had a 5 year plan to achieve the ultimate goal of eventually starting my own family and getting on with life.

But changes to Aus immigration policies ( visa getting deleted and rules changing), means that I cannot get a "follow up" visa, despite me studying here for 3 years (at inflated international student rates), having a mother here in Perth who last year became a citizen and having a secure job (that just doesn't meet all the requirements for sponsorship).

i guess Im not trying to sound negative, but having lived in a 1st world country, it is really hard to now go back to a developing one, where crime and the standards of safety compels me to fear for my safety and any possibility of a safe enviroment to start a family in.

But hey, we are African, and we keep on keeping on....

• Like 1

Hey Gr8WhiteJacques, it is tough when the makes changes that affect many peoples lives but I have realized that there is always a way. I would say suggest contacting someone like SD_MOA here on the forum and discussing your options. You are young and skilled and have Aussie experience as well as qualifications which may give you a shot at something like a 189PR skilled visa, it's definitely worth a shot. Good luck and I truly hope you find a way to stay in Australia.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

HEOJ is right, consult Stephen, and see if there is a possible strategy for you. Good luck.

Welcome and good luck. There must be way... t

Thank you for all the positive comments everybody. Ive registered with Stephen's company, and Im holding all fingers, toes and limbs crossed for a small miracle.

• Like 3

Lol. Well done!Holding thumbs. T

Thank you for all the positive comments everybody. Ive registered with Stephen's company, and Im holding all fingers, toes and limbs crossed for a small miracle.

Your're in good hands then, Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Good luck, I sincerely hope that Stephen can find a great outcome for you!

Crossing fingers for you too Jacques. If anyone can help you, it's one of the agents on the forum.

I feel for you, studying at Int'l rates. My daughter is doing 1st year Creative Industries too. I was also wondering how you found the job market in the industry?

Good luck! Bronwyn

Thanks again everybody, apoligies for the late reply, unfortunately the current rules & regulations wont allow for any other visa, other than another student visa, financially impossible.

Bronwyn - The Creative Industries I did was major in Game Design and Minor in Photography, which there are jobs for, but alas, locals only, without visa sponsorship options. But when I decided to go back to Uni, I insisted on studying something I truly enjoy, rather than towards another job that Ill hate. So good luck to your daughter, as long as she is studying what she has a passion for. I actually enjoyed this degree.

Kindest regards

Jacques

• Like 1

My nieces boyfriend in Sydney, completed a degree in Gaming/IT end of last year at Macquarie University. As we speak, he is still looking to find a job in his field and is now working at Coles.

It is unfortunate that last year the Aus government decided to quit funding to the "entertainment" fund, which has left this field devastated. I deal with this everyday, where people hear games, and immediately think that its a small little niche market that a few geeks are in, when the truth is that globally it is a mega million industry. The immigrations agents I have spoken to, also say that these skills learned in this degree is not recognised by the Aus government as needed......yet.

The jobs I was referring to was in the photographic industry.

I wish your niece all the luck, and can only suggest to pursue your dreams, just like this "old" man wont stop doing :D

• Like 1