Tourist visa granted in the last 10 years

Hi there, I read a website for a company that handles the visa application, that if you have been to Australia in the last 10 years on a tourist / visitors visa, you don't have to submit that stack of supporting papers you do the first time you apply. Is this true? And would not submitting extra documents impede the duration of the visa or risk conditions being applied to the visa.

I didn't have any conditions on my last visa and I left way before the visa ended.

Don't have an answer but interested in to the conversation as we will have multiple visits from the mother in law into the future.

Our first application which will be for December is in the pipeline (Cant apply more than 3 months beforehand it seems), we are going for a normal 3 month tourist visa as the person helping with the visa said longer visa's are apparently easier to get after you have visited once.

Steve-o,

I've had an Australian business tourist visa within the last 3yrs and had to supply all the documentation regardless. So I'm not entirely sure about this, I don't see the harm in supplying all the documentation because, honestly, I'd rather not have the application kicked back because they're missing and further delay a rather lengthy process.

Hi there, I read a website for a company that handles the visa application, that if you have been to Australia in the last 10 years on a tourist / visitors visa, you don't have to submit that stack of supporting papers you do the first time you apply. Is this true? And would not submitting extra documents impede the duration of the visa or risk conditions being applied to the visa.
I didn't have any conditions on my last visa and I left way before the visa ended.

We had a tourist visa issued in December 2013, but still had to submit all the same docs for our 457 regardless.

Yes, you will need to submit the same docs again, and again, and again. Just when you think that they really won't need the same docs again for citizenship because you have already given them to them a gazillion times before you land up having to give them again - even though the form doesn't ask for them. Fortunately you only have to do form 80 and payslips/proof of qualification/VETASSESS once (or twice if like us you came on a 457).

Been said before but I'll say it again - invest in a large lever arch file, put in dividers for each family member then fill with originals/copies for each person each in its own plastic pouch. We used this so much until we had citizenship I even had everyone's paperwork in the same order, so I knew exactly where to find an unabridged birth certificate, etc etc. Now that file sits like a favourite friend in our study and important docs still go in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply, I've decided to go ahead and just submit everything again.

Another question, when applying for a visitors visa for a 18 months old child, and both parents are accompanying the child do you still need the consent form? Or just the unabridged birth certificate? And lastly do you fill out a separate visitors visa for the child and then I just list myself as the person that helped? It seems a bit odd if that is the case because of those questions about crimes against humanity and all.

Each child needs its own visa form completed, and you sign as parent.

If both parents are travelling I don't believe you need the consent form.

Thanks for the fast reply. My mother in law is convinced about submitting the consent form lol.

You made me look at the form! On page 1 it very clearly states that you needtheconsent form when a child is travelling unaccompanied by its parents. If you are travelling together no consent form needed.

• Like 1