Oceanview

Hi everyone!

We have decided to immigrate to Australia on 2 May 2014, and have in the meantime contracted an immigration agent (14 June).

We will be applying for a State Sponsored Visa 190 for Victoria on my name and we really hope to be going asap! I have followed several topics on here and what I gathered is that it is going to take a lot of patience to see this through.

We are two families going on two different visa types.

Family 1: Me, my husband, my daughter (2), and my mother = 190

Family 2: My sister-in-law, her husband, son (13), two daughters (12 and 6) and mother-in-law = 189

...and maybe a few dogs and cats...

We have so far requested our unabridged certificates from home affairs (12 July) and have just received notification that two of them are already available for collection. We will be doing our passports tomorrow, and have also started requesting degree certificates and transcripts and employment letters.

Our first "stress" point is the VETASSES advisory to determine if my experience etc is relevant for a state sponsored visa. :unsure:

We are at the same time very anxious and super excited to get the process going and we look forward to sharing experiences on this site. :P

Nice to meet all of you!

• Like 5

Hi

Nice to meet you too!! You have the right attitude to get you through this process and I wish you all the luck:)

Its exciting and terrifying at the same time

Good Luck :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Good luck with all the work ahead of you, hope it all goes smoothly!

Hi Oceanview and welcome.

That is a good starting point as it can sometime take long, although we got sorted with 2 passport(1 new) and 2 unabridged birth certificates within 2 weeks. Was highly impressed.

Sounds like the "Groot Trek" happening. :ilikeit:

Good luck.

Hey Oceanview, welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of the process and journey. It's a blessing to have family going through this process as well. At least you will have an emotional support structure this side once you all arrive.

Hello and welcome.

What a great position to be in - coming over as two families and being able to share your experiences and ups as well as downs. It can be a very lonely exercise, this immigration thing.

Best of luck with it all.

Hi Oceanview,

Best of Luck with your assessment. There will be many times when you feel overwhelmed by the process, just remember we have all survived it, you will survive it!

Thank you everyone for your welcome!

We could not do our passports this weekend as we were hit by flu! So another week behind schedule... Feels like we can't have this process done and dusted soon enough!

Thank you everyone for your welcome!

We could not do our passports this weekend as we were hit by flu! So another week behind schedule... Feels like we can't have this process done and dusted soon enough!

Did you know we have a stunning country suburb just outside Brisbane, called Ocean View? I really want to move there...

Now that is news, no I did not know...! We would just like to move anywhere (safe) "oceanviewy" basically :P

• Like 1

Wow, Fish, thank you! That looks amazing! and SO beautiful, wish we could be there!

But then again at this stage anything and everything about Australia looks better, beautiful and like a fairytale...

Like my husband says: he will live in the most deserted desert if it means we can move to Australia.

Edited by Oceanview
  • Like 1

We got to do our passports on Saturday!!

We cued outside Home Affairs on saturday an hour and a half before they opened...there were SO many people! Probably not the best idea to go at the end of the month on a saturday but still.

Glad that it's over! Wait wait again... as soon as the documents arrive it is the Vetassess Advisory. Looking forward to being able to submit that!

• Like 1