Aged Care in Johannesburg

Joeemm

Hi All

I have an elderly relative in South Africa who is in need of care. So I wonder if anyone on the forum can recommend organisations in Johannesburg that may be able to assist me to arrange this from Oz.

Regards

Joe

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

This forum is usually really good with suggestions, but, this time you're all really quiet. Did I ask a particularly difficult question this time?

Once again, any suggestions appreciated, thanks

Joe

Sorry no idea from my side, might just be that nobody knows, give it a few days someone may still know

Are you looking for home based care or details of a good nursing home / frail care / retirement village / assisted living?

Hi All

I have an elderly relative in South Africa who is in need of care. So I wonder if anyone on the forum can recommend organisations in Johannesburg that may be able to assist me to arrange this from Oz.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe I'm sorry I also don't know but I'm keen to see if you get any answers because my grandparents are also getting frail and are still in their house but refusing to consider moving.

My gran did mention - when I pushed - that she has a friend who lived in a place called Rosehaven in Jhb, that she likes.

Hi Jordy

I reckon we're looking at nursing home / frail care / retirement village / assisted living rather than in home care.

Thanks for the comment Bronwyn, I will have a look at that one.

Thanks for the pointers guys

• Like 1

Try the flower foundation, ideally you want to inspect the place but their rep seems good. I looked at one for my dad but he died just as we were sorting out the paperwork so I don't know for sure. http://www.flower.org.za/

• Like 1