Medical in Durban

Has anyone from Durban or PMB had medicals recently and if so where did you go and how much did it cost?

Out of interest what are the current costs of medicals in JHB?

We went in June this year. It was R1080 for the x-rays, R750 for the medical and R190 for the HIV blood test. Kids under 12 (I think) don't need x-rays or blood tests.

Medicals with Dr Dungan - 031 2618291

Ear, Nose and Throat Centre

Entabeni Hospital

X-rays at Entabeni Hospital. 031-273 2600

• Like 1

Hi Tazzn,

There is only one doctor in KZN, that is Dr Dungan at Entabeni as MarkandKelly said above. It killed us to pay the xray fee which is double than what is charged in JHB. I did query the price and was told thats their price and there was four of us who had exrays, ouch.

Good Luck

It also killed us to pay it, but they're the only ones you can use, so they are milking it BIG time!

• Like 1

Thanks Everyone. I also thought that the xray fee seemed aloy heftier than others are paying in JHB but saving R1000 to go to JHB for xrays is not even worth the petrol to get there.

Hi Eva,

They were not on the list provided by DIBP, so not sure.

i was given the name of a Dr Wannenberg in Westville from a lady that sued to work for Dr Dungan so I'm going to look into it but only Dr Dungan's name appears on the DIBP as Parks said.

Seems we're stuck with the one option here in KZN. I can't find a contact number for a Dr Wannenbery anywhere. Called Dr Blanckenberg's rooms and they advised that they now only do medicals for Canadian visa application and directed me to Dr Dungan. So guess we get what we get