Elliott Family JHB to Brisbane

Elliottdean

Hey all

I have been reading posts on this forum for a few weeks now and must say that the support is really awesome and makes us feel that we have friends even before moving.

My wife and I plus 3 are on our way to Brisbane.

I am in the process of wrapping up a job offer from my current employer (makes things a whole lot easier) and am likely to travel end of August.

My wife and kids will follow in December.

We have RP viza's and are very exited. Also a little apprehensive as we will have very little AUD$ once we have paid for the move and settled in but, Hey, life needs to be experienced from all angles i say.

I am sure we will be chatting a bit going forward and hope to meet some of you in the near future.

best regards

Dean

• Like 3

Hey Dean - we hot on your heels - leaving mid Sep via Adelaide though! We will also have minimal moola so you not alone! Good luck for the final stretch here in SA!

• Like 1

Hey Dean, welcome to the forum and family. There are truly amazing people here and the support is just as awesome. Only those who are going through this process understand what the rest of us are experiencing. Good luck with the final stretch. :ilikeit:

Hey Dean we are also in Brisbane, please shout if you need help. How old are your kids?

Hi all

thanks for the warm welcomes

Bronwyn&Co, my daughters are 19 and 14 plus my 19 year old's partner who is 20 is also coming along.

Do you have kids and where abouts do you live in Brizzie?

regards

Dean

Welcome Dean,

May it be an easy transfer for you guys.

Thanks Bigvan07, same there i see you are in the process of wrapping up those "most enjoyable" English tests. :grads:

• Like 1

Hi all

thanks for the warm welcomes

Bronwyn&Co, my daughters are 19 and 14 plus my 19 year old's partner who is 20 is also coming along.

Do you have kids and where abouts do you live in Brizzie?

regards

Dean

Hey Dean we also have a 19 year old daughter and two sons of 16 & 21. We're in the West :) lets have a barbie when you come out :)

• Like 1

Hi Bronwyn&CO

absolutely, let's do that. We can chat via this site closer to the time.

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Elliotdean,

Good Luck with your move, we hoping to land in Brisbane Oct/Nov, Hubby may go earlier as well to try secure work. All very daunting...

Hi Dean,

What visa did your daughter's partner get? My son is stressing about leaving his girlfriend behind.

Hi Dean,

What visa did your daughter's partner get? My son is stressing about leaving his girlfriend behind.

We asked this question a while back and found out that the best option is a de facto spouse pr application. This means though that they have to show evidence of living together for at least a year. This is still a temp visa and after 2 yrs gets converted to a pr. We still busy with the application. Hope that helps.

We asked this question a while back and found out that the best option is a de facto spouse pr application. This means though that they have to show evidence of living together for at least a year. This is still a temp visa and after 2 yrs gets converted to a pr. We still busy with the application. Hope that helps.