ArnoW

In exactly 24 hours time I will be leaving for the aiport. I cannot believe how time has flown by. All the years of planning and anticipating and arrangements and stress and uncertainty, and here it is now – less than 24 hours.

Luckily everything is packed and ready. Boxes went via Seven Seas Worldwide on Monday and I have packed my suitcases yesterday. Only a few little things left to do and then it is goodbye SA and hallo new life in Australia.

I am so thankful we have made it this far. Now the REAL adventure starts. Bring it on!

PS: Are there any other forumites leaving from ORT Airport tomorrow night to Sydney?

Edited by ArnoW
  • Like 8

Good luck!! Wishing you a peaceful and easy settling in period!

Thanks so much 1982! And good luck with the rest of your process!

• Like 1

Best of Luck ArnoW, I can't wait for the day we are heading to the airport.

• Like 2

Good luck, all the best, and enjoy your new adventure :ilikeit: !

• Like 1

Go well, travel well, and may you settle quickly into your new exciting lives x

• Like 1

Exciting times. :ilikeit: Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Well done and have a safe trip. Let us know how your first few days go.

T

• Like 1

Have a great journey, if you need anything when you arrive, please make contact, always happy to help.

• Like 1

Thanks so much everyone! Really appreciate the good wishes!

Have a great journey, if you need anything when you arrive, please make contact, always happy to help.

Thanks Mara! Will definitely do!

Enjoy the ride mate! See you in paradise tomorrow!!!

Lol... paradise... indeed yes!! :)

Best of Luck ArnoW, I can't wait for the day we are heading to the airport.

PARKS, it is an exciting day but prepare yourself for stress and lots of crying! I do not have family coming to the airport (told them I wanted to just say goodbye at home). So it's only two friends. But it's going to be difficult!

• Like 1

Best wishes - thinking of you. Have been here almost four weeks and, together with the emotional roller coaster, what is so surprising is how normal it all feels.

• Like 2

Enjoy every moment!

• Like 1

@arno, was your best quote for boxes via sevenseas??

trev

• Like 1

:ilikeit:Just want to wish you a safe ride (Flight) and good luck on the other side .

• Like 1

Ah missed this post, good luck on your adventures, please send us updates on how its going.

• Like 1

No, he seems to have fallen off the radar.... Come on Arno, we all want to know that you arrived safely!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Apologies for the quiet time. It has been such a hectic week that I did not have the time to sit down and write. I have arrived safely. And I am in awe of Melbourne. Love every moment here. There was such a lot of thing to do this week. Saw a few agents, Got Medicare sorted, got Gas and Electricity and Internet at the rental sorted. Today I am going to get my licence converted and pick up my bicycle. Every now and again I have to stand still, take a breath and pinch myself to believe I have actually come so far. And there were a few times of home sickness as well, but that goes away and I can carry on for a few days more. At this stage I just set my sights on one goal at a time.

Now I must just get used to the ever changing weather. Literally 4 seasons in one day. And I must find a job... but it is only weekday 5 now, so it will all come in good time. For now I am taking in everything.

When I have time later today or this weekend I will write a more detailed account of my week.

Edited by ArnoW
  • Like 3

Grand Arno...cant wait to hear more.

t

• Like 1

@arno, was your best quote for boxes via sevenseas??

trev

Maybe not the best but surely the easiest. I have not had any issues so far. Service has been excellent. If you send by ship it will be a lot cheaper. I sent some stuff by air (not everything, just 5 boxes). The rest is coming by ship in a MoveCube.

.....and I cannot believe how everything it is to arrange everything here. No hassles at Government offices; they run like clockwork. We will see how Vic Roads are today...

Edited by ArnoW

Yay, Arno is safe and sound. Hope the job hunting goes just as smoothly as your settling in!