189 Visa - May/June 2014 lodge gang

MarkandKelly

Is there anyone else waiting for a 189 visa to be granted? We know it can take up to 3 months - but when you see everyone else getting a grant 3 or 4 days after the CO receives their PCC's and/or medicals, one starts to panic a bit. :unsure: Especially when you see they had they same CO Team as you!

The status for our medicals still show either recommended or requested. Tried emailing our CO but just get a automatic response saying they cannot respond to emails etc etc etc.............

I guess no news from the CO is good news.................................maybe...............

• Like 1

Hey there. I know it's frustrating but as you say no news is good news. CO's only communicate when there is something to be said. It's strange though that you are getting responses that say they can't respond. Usually they respond within 7 to 10 days. Are you using an agent or doing this your self?

Hang in there, hopefully it will all be over soon.

I'm just waiting for skills assessment to come back and I can lodge my EOI under 189. At the same time I will be trying the 186 route. I only have 60 points under a jam packed 261111 ICT Business. Analyst sector so will keep you all posted. Man I hope I get it!

Juju - Thanks for your message!!! We are doing the process on our own.

After 4 emails - we got a reply from a CO from a different team. They have requested a further document which I have just submit. So hopefully that is all they require. We don't mind the wait, its the not knowing if they have all the required documents that is a bit stressing.

SurferMan - sure you will get it. Its waiting for the skills assessment that really take the time - well for us it did. Keep us posted and we will keep you posted.

take care

Kelly

MarkandKelly,

Thanks for the faith, keep it up! I just hope to get an invite before my 457 expires!

Happy to add our names to this thread ... we lodged our 189 Visa application today!

• Like 1

We lodged our visa application on 23 June :) going to upload all documents this weekend and then wait for a CO before applying for medicals. Good luck to everyone else, hope we all get it as quickly and smoothly as possible!

• Like 3

greggle & DeepFriedMatt - one step closer to that "golden ticket"!!!

SurferMan - certainly pray you get yours sorted before your 457 expires!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

We lodged our application on 19 June, uploaded documents, today we are going to arrange of PCCs and on 11 Jul we going for medicals. Very exciting times!!!!

• Like 1

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:Ahh man, where is my skills pampiere/ Eisch be done with positive assessment already!

It will be coming man. :P

• Like 1

We received notification today that our PCCs are finalised ... that is a one week turn-around time by SAPS! Wow!

We had our fingerprints and applications done here in Cape Town and then sent the docs up to our Migration agent in Pretoria who handed them into SAPS for us ... seems that this method of submission paid off!

Holding thumbs that they have spelled our names correctly on the certificate!

• Like 2

Whoo hoo, happy days. Now the fun begins. Congratulations and enjoy the ride. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

CONGRATS MarkandKelly, that is AWESOME news!!

• Like 2

MarkandKelly,

That is so exciting. Good Luck with the rest of your journey.

• Like 2

Congrats MarkandKelly!! That is awesome news. I can't wait until we are in that position.

Anyone lodged in June and have a CO yet? We are going to start uploading documents today but don't want to book for medicals until we have a CO. Thoughts anyone?

• Like 1

We lodged on 19 June. We have booked our medicals for 11 July and sent our PCCs via Courier to Pretoria yesterday. Our thinking is once we have our medical results and the PCCs, we then should have a CO too. We do live in East London though, so to organise these things does take a little longer and we have to travel to Port Elizabeth for medicals.

I have also read tons of posts which advise to organise medicals and PCCs straight after you have lodged.

We lodged on 19 June. We have booked our medicals for 11 July and sent our PCCs via Courier to Pretoria yesterday. Our thinking is once we have our medical results and the PCCs, we then should have a CO too. We do live in East London though, so to organise these things does take a little longer and we have to travel to Port Elizabeth for medicals.

I have also read tons of posts which advise to organise medicals and PCCs straight after you have lodged.

From the Dept of Immigration's website:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.

Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

See: https://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/arranging-health-exam.htm#sub-heading-6

Edited by greggle

Oh dear, did anyone else book medicals and PCCs before the case officer advised you to do so? In fact before you even have a case officer?