The PCC Debacle.....

I need to vent to people who understand this process......

Handed in our PCC's application forms in Mid March

Mine was ready at the end of April after my maiden name was left off, so I needed to have it reprinted

Hubby's was incorrectly printed as well so needed to have it reissued.

Have been back three times and it was stuck in the backlog.....

My agent went this morning and it is STILL not ready, even though the website says its there.....

And on and on and on we go.... I know there is nothing we can do about it, but if I start crying at the office the boss will get suspicious, so putting it in a post helped :blush-anim-cl:

Where's the unlike button when you need one. I swear the SAPS does it to make people's lives difficult. :hug: Maybe you should go and sit and cry at the criminal records division, not that they would show much sympathy.

• Like 2

:( If only they did the work correctly the first time, they would have 2/3 less work. So frustrating! Sorry.

Not sure if this will help - but drop an email to Daleen van Oostrum - crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za. She has been so helpful. But keep your email brief, to the point and be "overly nice"!!!!!

• Like 2

Sorry Tammy!!! I'm seriously so frustrated for you!!! I wish I could wave a wand and have the certificates land in your hands? holding thumbs they find half a brain and get it done correctly - asap!!!

Wish us luck ... our PCC applications are being submitted by our agent to Pretoria today! Hold thumbs that they will land up in the hands of someone who can type!

Edited by greggle

Thanks everyone for the support and advice.

I had been in touch with Daleen via email already in the last few weeks, so picked up the phone yesterday and begged and cried.... (not the first time in this process ha ha ha)

Anyway, she emails me this morning to say she will have it by lunch time today and we can go collect it!! Still cautious but optomistic :ilikeit:

Without getting into a discussion about the incompetance that is rife in this country.... need I say more??

At least someone there still knows what they are doing :blush-anim-cl:

Hold thumbs everyone, will let you know once we have collected the elusive PCC:)

Edited by TammyP
  • Like 3

Ours are being sent by our agent to Pretoria today. Also holding thumbs that they land on the desk of a competent person!

@TammyP, hope you're going to let us know when you actually have it in your paws. Incompetence or an attitude of it's not my job and I don't care?

Tammy, your patience has been tested to the utmost limits! Hoping your PCCs are sorted out by the time you get this message! :hug:

Hey Cheryl... thanks for your encouragement :hug:

PCC update... the hawkers in Pretoria are rioting and there have been clashes with the police (check out the news) so my agent has been advised not to go into Pretoria until the violence has subsided. My PCC is sitting in an envelope waiting to be collected!

The protestors better stay away from that PCC building or they will have me to answer too :glare:

We are hoping for collection on Friday or Monday - watch this space! :whome:

:ilikeit: love your sense of humour!

Holding thumbs that all goes well and you go into the weekend with 100% correct PCCs in your hands! Keep us updated! :hug:

Thanks my friend :ilikeit: Will keep you posted!!

Edited by TammyP

Oh no Tammy!!!

I was so excited to see an update from you on this topic...was waiting for it to open to see you have it! Holding thumbs for Friday!!! You have such a good attitude my friend ?

Thanks so much Linz... I think all the support on this forum just makes this process so much more bearable!

Will let you know :) Hold thumbs

• Like 1

I'd be a blazing in with rotten tomatoes, smelly rubbish and some old rags for clothes as a disguise so the crowd doesn't attack, just to get my hands on those PCC's. I guess your agent doesn't like smelly jobs.

Hi TammyP,

Hope your PCC's are with you soon. Have to say we were lucky with ours. Within 3 weeks of posting they were back with us and all good. Sjoe! Lucky and relieved. We waiting 2 weeks longer for our UK ones but all done now thank goodness.

Ha ha ha, I told my agent to put on his riot gear and GO GET THAT PCC!!

Tomorrow or Monday everyone:)

WE HAVE OUR POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE!!!!!! WHOO HOO :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :D :D :P :P :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

(Imagine when we get our Visa!!)

• Like 8

Woo hooo party at your place tonight. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Sjoe, great news :) Well done, another box ticked and another step forward!

Hi TammyP,

Hope your PCC's are with you soon. Have to say we were lucky with ours. Within 3 weeks of posting they were back with us and all good. Sjoe! Lucky and relieved. We waiting 2 weeks longer for our UK ones but all done now thank goodness.

Did you post them and ask to have them posted back? Or is it better to just go there and drop them off?

Also, does anyone know if we need to get the Apostille Certficate, and if so, how does that process work?

Thanks all!

Do you trust the SA postal system? Would you trust them with such a precious document?

I used Postnet.

Just thought I would share this. I heard it through the grapevine that the SAPO is going to be going on strike from next week. They are possibly already on strike so I would steer well clear of using them for the next three months, that's how long the lst strike lasted.

Also, does anyone know if we need to get the Apostille Certficate, and if so, how does that process work?

Hey Tiaan, you don't need to get this done. We submitted ours with out this and it was accepted fine.