Business in Sydney

courtzz

I've been in Sydney for 6 years now, mostly in the IT Services game. Ive been a SharePoint consultant for 9 years and looking to start my own business in Sydney. I've actually also specialized in e-Commerce and have a successful online Pet Food Delivery service which I run in South Africa (with the help of my business partners there)

I'm looking to do something online or similar here in Aus. I've tried the South African Business network on linked-in but they don't seem to meet very often. Correction, not at all!

I'm keen to meet some like-minded people and get something going

Courtenay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Interested in chatting to you, are you still looking for opportunities ?

Hi

What kind of business are you interested in starting here? I am also looking for a start up.

I am in Sydney.

Yes - please let move this into the private domain and see where we can get. I am in SA at the moment but making plans to get to back Oz as soon as circumstance allows.

Yes - please let move this into the private domain and see where we can get. I am in SA at the moment but making plans to get to back Oz as soon as circumstance allows.

Sorry RosFam, can you tell us when you decided to leave Aus and when you decided to come back? Plus, what mind shift "helped" you make the decision. It seems to me that often people think the grass is greener, which ever sided they may reside. You might be able to shine a light on the subject from your perspective. Thanks and good luck.

Hi Rozelle ,

We left Sydney late in 2013 and always knew that we wanted to come back . Lots of reasons made us decided to withdraw back to SA, regroup and retink our migration which never really went according to the plan (if there is one). We were stressed , tired and had lots waiting for us back in SA , so the decision back easier and easier.. We went with a "if it works out we will stay" mindset and fell into the trap of thinking it would be easy. It wasnt.

Fast forward to coming back to SA , and realizing that as much as there are great places to go on holiday here , the food is awesome , we have parents here , and we can afford to change our mind, we didnt want this life anymore. So we have spent the better part of the last year trying to recover the energy lost from the emotional stress of it all , and finally , we think we are strong enough to make another go of it. South Africa is a good place, but you have to be a certain kind of person to live here day in and day out. With a long term view , we have decided to make the move back and make it permanenly.

If i have to give advice, i would say ,you have to go with the right attitude. Australia is not South africa and will never be , which has its good but also its bads. You have to be prepared to do whatever it takes to fit in and make a go of it. Hopefully we will land with the right mindset second time around , and may the rest be fireside stories for our grandkids ;)

BTW we stayed around the corner from you in Roseville.

• Like 1