Pet Quarantine in Aus

Darbia

Hi

I just thought I would share that I found out this morning that the Australian quarantine costs for pets are going up on 01 July 2014. The below link gives all the relevant information

http://www.daff.gov.au/bsg/biosecurity-fee-review-2014

Its quite a big increase but I guess you cant put a price on your four legged family members...

Good luck to all of you going through this process and if you are still looking for a pet transport company I found the best price at a company called the animal travel agency http://www.animaltravel.co.za/ and so far the service has been great too.

Does anyone have information on getting a Blue-headed Conure/Blue-crowned Parakeet into Australia?

Albrough, I think you can write that idea off, import of birds to Australia is not allowed, except from New Zealand.

http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/import/live-animals

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. We are still in the early stages of applying, but can anyone give me a ball park figure to get my pets to Australia?

Hi LouiseMark

There will be a few things that affect the price, like the size of the animals and the time of the year the animals fly etc.

We are not finished with the process yet but I would say all in all it will probably cost us around R55000-R60000 for A Basset Hound, Bull terrier and Domestic Cat. (The Australian quarantine cost us just over R18 000 but this will increase significantly for animals that arrive after 01/07/2014.)

Good luck!

Edited by Darbia

I have received Quotes from Durban to Jhb to Sydney and they have been between R20K AND R22K for my Siberian Husky.

Getting my Pet to Jhb seems to be a significant amount...

Then there is still the vet fee's , import permit & OZ Quarantine for 10 days.

Oh have to get her from Sydney to Brisbane ...

Who have you chosen to go through Darbia & Renny?

Hi Charmz

We are using the animal travel agency. Its costing us R22 000 for all three animals (JHB - Sydney) , you should maybe get a quote from them?

The travel quote alone for the 2 yorkies came to R12500 (from PE to sydney) The rest of the budget is for all the vet visits, quarantine, permits etc. We found animal travel more expensive

all quotes are from PE to Sydney

petport R12500

Animal travel services R16000

keringa R18700

Pets en transit R19808

we also need to get them from sydney up to the gold coast. We have not been to sydney yet so thought we would make a road trip of it. We know some people in sydney and might just go stay over and then take a drive back. Will get to see some country! We are leaving our dogs with my parents for a month or so just so we can get a rental before they come. We are staying wit my brother for the first month or so

Got a Quote from Jetpets - info@jetpets.com.au

$420 for a domestic flight from Eastern Creek Quarantine Station to Brisbane

Seems reasonable enough to me ... :blush-anim-cl:

Great i'll keep hassling to get a competitive quote from SA...

At what stage do you actually appoint an agent to help with your pets move?

Will the Quote keep changing until the flight date?

Our vet recommended an agent so we contacted them from the get go. They quote you on their service including the air fare, the air fare being subject to change as they can apparently only book the flight 14 days before the animals need to fly.

All they really do is give you the guidelines (dates etc) which you can get off the immi site anyway, make sure all your docs are in order and collect your pets on the day of their flight and make sure they are in the correct size container, get to the airport etc

Awesome - R15 700 from Travel Agency from Durban to Jhb to Sydney :ilikeit: Happy with that Quote - Thanks DARBIA

Petport were R17 500

At this stage every RAND saved counts...

Could someone please give a website or email for Animal Travel Agency?

Sorry just noted the website at top:)

Edited by Renny

Darbia to the rescue again. Thanks!!!

• 5 months later...

Darbia, how did the animal move all work out?

Renny, who did you use to move your animals?

Anyone take two hefty Labradors over that could give me an idea of costs? I have contacted a company here in Cape Town but they haven't got back to me yet.

Kirsty S here is a link to a previous post, go to page 9 and look for the post by Magenta, there are prices in there.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/41448-new-pet-quarantine-regulations-effective-2nd-dec-2013/page-9