Spousal Visa

joweni

My young niece came to Oz 10 months ago on a spousal visa as her then partner was an Australian. Now to our horror and dismay,he has called off the relationship as he has become involved with another woman and our niece is beside herself as she wants to stay in Oz. She has a good job but there is no chance of sponsorship there. Has anybody got some ideas of what we can do to help her ?

She could talk to a reputable immigration agent. I think they give free initial consolutations. Good luck.

Jordy: Can I mention the name of an agent that always seems to have a good reputation ?

As I am sure you are aware the partner visa is a two stage visa, the first stage being temporary the second stage providing permanent residence dependent upon an ongoing relationship. I am assuming your niece is still in the temporary visa stage.

There are very few exemptions to the requirement for a continuing relationship, but include violence and/or a child within the relationship.

Alternatively she might look at other visa options including employer sponsored and skilled independent, less desirable options might include study.