Good schools in Joondalup and surrounding areas

PhillipaD

Does anyone know of good primary schools in Joondalup and surrounding that has a pre-primary school attached?

• Like 1

We have friends whose children are at Beaumaris Primary School in Ocean Reef - they are very happy with the school. Not sure if there is a pre-primary attached.

Just had a quick look on their website and it says they're from year K-7!

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend good high schools in the Joondalup area? Do all senior high schools have 'apprentice-like' subjects?

Hi Luke and Robs

Short answer is no- depending on what you mean by apprentice like subjects. Are you looking at private or public schooling? If you are looking at a Trade route, you can go the Tafe route ( depending on age), etc. If you can provide a bit more details, it may be possible to provide a bit more relevant information.

Regards

Hi,

I am still in SA so i may be misreading the info. I got the impression from some state school websites that they offer TAFE courses/subjects through the schooling curriculum. I wondered whether year 11 and 12 offered options of TAFE courses?

VET Information - Certificates
WSC offers a number of Certificate courses in Year 11 and 12. These Certificates are delivered in a similar manner to all
other courses. We have strong partnerships with Registered Training Organisations who oversee the delivery and
assessment of these Certificates. Certificate courses not only provide students with a nationally recognised qualification,
they also enhance applications to post school training organisations such as TAFE and employment and provide a broad
range of post-school options and pathways.
For each Certificate, students complete a required set of Units of Competency. Each of these competencies is allocated a
number of nominal hours. For every 55 nominal hours students complete, they will be credited with one unit towards their
WACE. Students have to achieve all the set competencies to be awarded the Certificate. If they do not achieve all of the
Units of Competency, they will not be awarded the Certificate but will be given credit for what they have achieved. If a
student completes Certificate I Hospitality they will be awarded 2 out of the 20 units required for graduation.
Have I misunderstood?

Nope- you are reading it correctly- the TAFE courses, or more correctly VET courses can be any certificate course though, most of these are not "apprentice- like" subjects i.e. traineeships, but certificates such as Cert in Business, Cert in sport and recreation, etc.

Some schools do offer apprenticeships or traineeships as well.

As from next year all students entering Year 11 and not university bound ( taking what is known here as ATAR courses), MUST complete a VET certificate before they finish year 12. This must be at least a Certificate II. So expect a flood of Year 12's walking around looking for a job with a Certificate II in Business under their arm!