Medicals before visa payment

adrianoelofsen

We have received an invitation to apply for the skill select 189 visa.

Is it possible to do the medicals before payment of the visa?

Hatmed, has asked for a HAP ID number in order for them to do the medicals.

Looking forward to your responses.

Hey there adrianoelofsen, congrats on the invite. Unfortunately you will need to submit the application and will be required to pay before it's accepted as a valid application, only then you will be able to arrange the medicals which you can do online once you have submitted. There will be a link under each persons name that says "Organise Medicals". Clicking the link takes you through a couple of forms you need to fill in for each person in the application and when you hit the submit button at the end all your details will be linked to whichever medical centre you chose to go to. You simply print out each form, contact the medical centre and arrange the appointments. On the day you take the printouts and your passports along and bob's your uncle.

Arranging the medicals that way is cheaper than the paper version which has to be couriered to Aus and you will be charged extra by Hatmed for them to do this. I think it's about R600 per person extra.

I have also wondered about this in the past. Surely if you are concerned about the Medicals it would make sense to be able to do them first (assuming you are willing to pay for them). It seems illogical to make people pay Visa fees not knowing 100% if their medicals will be ok.

But I guess there is a lot of stuff I find illogical ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for your responses.

Bronwyn & Co, your assumption is correct, I applied for the "Health Declaration," which allows you to apply for medicals (received a HAP number) before final submission.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/my-health-declarations.htm

• Like 1

Ah, it doesn't do what we thought adrianoelofsen. Though you CAN do your medicals before submitting and paying for your visa application, you CANNOT receive the results before paying for your visa application :glare:

This is included at the bottom of the page you linked to:

How do I find out if I will meet the health requirement before applying?

My Health Declarations is not designed for you to get an opinion from us about whether you meet the health requirement before lodging a visa application. You must not attempt to use this service in order to get a pre-visa health assessment.

If a significant health condition is identified by a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth as part of the immigration health assessment process, a final opinion on your case will not be provided until after you have lodged a visa application.

Edited by mistermoose

Hmmmm so the powers-that-be have no qualms about taking your $$$$$thousands and then deciding you have 'issues'. That seems totally wrong. I hate the whole process, it's just a huge revenue raising scheme. I'd like to do a big expose on it, actually and show them up for what they really are. Michael Moore style.

One should be able to make sure you will pass meds before paying the high visa fees. Someone on the forum recently paid visa fees and when they did meds they found out his wife had beginning stages cancer. I have confidence they will still get into aus. But that is a prime example. T

• Like 1

One should be able to make sure you will pass meds before paying the high visa fees. Someone on the forum recently paid visa fees and when they did meds they found out his wife had beginning stages cancer. I have confidence they will still get into aus. But that is a prime example. T

Exactly! How is it ok to keep someone's money under those circumstances? And we just put up with it because we are desperate. I think it's corrupt. Sure, deduct an Admin fee if necessary but don't blatantly steal from people. I have more respect for people-smugglers operating boats.

I did my medicals in Feb for my 186, which I had to withdraw. Im ready to lodge again now, a 189, does that mean my medicals are invalid?

Hmmmm so the powers-that-be have no qualms about taking your $$$$$thousands and then deciding you have 'issues'. That seems totally wrong. I hate the whole process, it's just a huge revenue raising scheme. I'd like to do a big expose on it, actually and show them up for what they really are. Michael Moore style.

They have to find the money somewhere to pay for all the illegal's don't they. I read somewhere that refugees get a much higher Centre-link payment than pensioners. Now that's no fair.

I did my medicals in Feb for my 186, which I had to withdraw. Im ready to lodge again now, a 189, does that mean my medicals are invalid?

Medicals are usually valid for 12 months. I would ask the CO as soon as you have been assigned one, maybe you will be lucky and can still use them.

Long gone are the days when you just join a boat to a new country and you are warmly received.

Today, immigration to a new country is huge investment on your part and huge benefits to your dreamed nation.

The emotional expenses cannot be quantified.

Hi all

We actually completed our medicals before we even lodged an EOI for a 189 visa. We did medicals on 13 Feb and lodged EOI on 25 Feb and received invite on 10 March. We really needed to fast track our application process. This is entirely possible to do. This obviously only works if you are very confident that you will tick all the boxes for assessment, visa points etc. etc.

However, although the doctor informally confirmed our chest x-rays were fine and uploaded to DIBP immediately, I asked if we could get the results of the whole medical check-up too. He said they never reveal the results, just send it on to DIBP directly. To confirm: this is not only because of the order of our application, this is always the case. To say the least, I found it pretty unfair to pay (€200 in Germany) for a medical check-up and blood tests, just to never get the results of this.