police clearance

muishond

Hi all,

This question has gone around probably a few times. Our police clearance was registered on the 19th of March. Haven't heard anything yet? How long did you wait till you received it?

Hi Muishond,

We received a sms 3 weeks after they acknowledged receipt thereof that our PCC's were ready. Maybe give them a call.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MarkandKelly,

No I haven't it has been a very long time. I they are not very helpfull at the SAPS

Hi,

Received an sms acknowledging my daughters PCC on the 26th March. Sms received today to say it is finalised. Exactly 4 weeks Mine and my husband took exactly 3 weeks. 3-4 weeks seems the norm.

I would phone them and check. Expect to hang on for about 15 minutes though.

Good luck

Hi Muishond

I was at CRC (Criminal Record Centre) in Pretoria this afternoon - what an affair of long queues and people who just think it is their god given right to just push into the line ahead of others - Arrghhhh

Enough ranting….. I noticed that the collection pigeon holes they use are all dated and the last full one (in other words the latest one they processed and had ready for physical collection was dated 11th March 2014…… Yours would be very close now.

I think with the public holidays and any other union actions that may have gone down there will be a slight delay.

The lady who was very nice and friendly and who gave me my receipt said it would take about 4 weeks..

Hope this helps somewhat and that yours comes soon. A work of advice…..if you are going to collect in person, don't go around lunch hour….. also the couriers have a dedicated person so may be a good idea to just pay them to collect for you..

Cheers

Jonno

Hi I received an sms on 26/03/2014 received and have not had a sms re: completion emailed Saturday to tell me is still in process.

Alwyn

Mine went off on the 25th Feb, got an sms on the 28th March saying it was now being processed and finally got the sms that its completed yesterday (23 April). Lets see how it takes them to send it to me.

Make sure you have it collect timeously! They have a good habit of loosing them if they aren't promptly collected...

Should come back to me via the self addressed, registered envelope I had to mail with my application. They make you mail them yourself via registered mail once you have done the form and fingerprints etc. Must be the new procedure, or the one you have to follow if you use the Durbanville, Cape Town police station at least. Hopefully the post office won't lose it.

Hi Jonno,

I see you went to the CRC to hand in your application. We have friends desperately trying to get theirs. They are now going to drive up from KZN on Tuesday to go and see them personally - do you think this will make any difference??? The docs were received at the beginning of April.

would just like to know your thoughts on this.

thanks

Kelly

We sent ours on 24 March. According to website our Registration date was 31 March and this morning I saw our Finalization date was 25 April. We have to wait now for them to post it. (Hopefully not too long....) We never received any sms or any kind of notification regarding our PCC's. Fortunately I know everybody at our Police Station so they'll let me know immediately the moment our PCC's arrive at their offices.

Has anyone had their application rejected because they waited too long for their PCC? Our cut-off date for additional info was on the 14th of April. I sent proof that we applied for the PCC's, but I'm having nightmares that Australia just don't want to wait so long. :cry:

After 8 weeks we have finally received our police clearance. Allot of fighting with the saps. Made mistakes first on mine, and then my wife's one. But bow we have!!!

We picked our PCCs up yesterday only to find that they had got my wifes surname, maiden name and country of birth all wrong. Luckily they were able to rectify the issue but just make sure you check the details on your PCCs.

This amazes me. This is not the first time a contributor has said this. Makes you wonder if they actually did the check on your wife, and not some other person.

We received ours about a week ago, and the same happened with my wife's name thrt got incorrect

When I received my sms to say they had received my application I noticed they had spelled my first name wrong. I phone them and after holding on for 20min I finally got through to someone who assured me I can ignore the spelling in the sms as they would take my name from my ID copy. So I felt better.

I received my sms to say it was ready and I phoned again to confirm they had put my maiden name on, but of course they had not. Another week and many more phone calls they finally put my maiden name in. Yay at last.

Sent courier at a cost of R200 to collect it. When I received it they had not corrected the original spelling error. After numerous phone calls and many minutes of holding I finally got through to someone who told me to fax it with a copy of my ID and a letter explaining the error. The lady politely told me sometimes they battle to read the hand writing which is why these errors occur (funny that a I pointed out that a copy of my ID was attached). So frustrated and close to tears by now I asked the lady who will pay for it to be sent me, where upon she replies I must resend my courier at my cost.....Not a chance.

Thank goodness my agent saved the day and collected it for me.

Thats my story with our ever efficient .gov.za

• Like 1

When I received my sms to say they had received my application I noticed they had spelled my first name wrong. I phone them and after holding on for 20min I finally got through to someone who assured me I can ignore the spelling in the sms as they would take my name from my ID copy. So I felt better.

I received my sms to say it was ready and I phoned again to confirm they had put my maiden name on, but of course they had not. Another week and many more phone calls they finally put my maiden name in. Yay at last.

Sent courier at a cost of R200 to collect it. When I received it they had not corrected the original spelling error. After numerous phone calls and many minutes of holding I finally got through to someone who told me to fax it with a copy of my ID and a letter explaining the error. The lady politely told me sometimes they battle to read the hand writing which is why these errors occur (funny that a I pointed out that a copy of my ID was attached). So frustrated and close to tears by now I asked the lady who will pay for it to be sent me, where upon she replies I must resend my courier at my cost.....Not a chance.

Yep, and when we pointed out the issue with our PCC, it didn't seem anything out of the ordinary for them and no rush to get the matter sorted - all the time in the world.

According to their website, ours was finalized on 25 April. We are still waiting for it to arrive by post...... If there are mistakes on ours I will probably flip out completely!!!!! I've been a constant pain in the butt at our Police station for the past week....

• 1 month later...

We sent ours on 24 March. According to website our Registration date was 31 March and this morning I saw our Finalization date was 25 April. We have to wait now for them to post it. (Hopefully not too long....) We never received any sms or any kind of notification regarding our PCC's. Fortunately I know everybody at our Police Station so they'll let me know immediately the moment our PCC's arrive at their offices.

Has anyone had their application rejected because they waited too long for their PCC? Our cut-off date for additional info was on the 14th of April. I sent proof that we applied for the PCC's, but I'm having nightmares that Australia just don't want to wait so long. :cry:

What proof did you send the case officer? We were not able to get a receipt or anything when we did our fingerprints, but will drop off the apps on Monday and hopefully they will give us something? We were told by the Sandton police station that we have to post and collect ourselves, that they do not come back to them. However, they had a giant stack of them on the table, waiting to be collected???

Is there a reason it needs to have your maiden name on it? The CO will surely have copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. Has anyone had their CO come back and request a new certificate reflecting the maiden name, or is that just a precaution?

What proof did you send the case officer? We were not able to get a receipt or anything when we did our fingerprints, but will drop off the apps on Monday and hopefully they will give us something? We were told by the Sandton police station that we have to post and collect ourselves, that they do not come back to them. However, they had a giant stack of them on the table, waiting to be collected???

Is there a reason it needs to have your maiden name on it? The CO will surely have copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc. Has anyone had their CO come back and request a new certificate reflecting the maiden name, or is that just a precaution?

Hi TiaanAndLeigh

Our agent advised us to have both names on my pcc, some Case Oficers request it and some don't. Luck of the draw I guess.

We did not want a delay in the process so opted for both names to be put on first time round. Even after sending a letter, copy of marriage certificate and highlighting that I needed my maiden and married name to be printed on the certificate they didn't. When I received an sms to say my pcc was ready I phoned and asked them to confirm that it showed both surnames, which it never did. They had to reprint it which took another 2 weeks, but finally got it in the end.

Some are lucky and get it correct first time round.

Good luck

We got a receipt from our Police Station the same day we applied. Definitely follow it up with your police station. They are suppose to give it.

Sorry for the so stupid question.......

How long valid is the police clearance for again? And only for the over 18? Not kids and maiden names to be included? Mil is going with so need her to also do with maiden name? And lastly, any police station can do it.

Thanx

Hi Trix

Police Clearance Certificate is valid for a year with DIBP.

PCC's has to be done for anyone over 16. We had to get one for my daughter who just turned 16 and sure as eggs the CO requested it.

Most CO's have requested both maiden and married names on the certificate. There have been cases where the CO has accepted just the married name but I'd rather be safe than sorry, wouldn't want to delay the process once you have a CO.

As far as I know all police stations have a department which does finger printing and where you pay the fee of R59. The actual Certificate and clearance is done in Pretoria.

Edited by PARKS

Thanx. I am thinking of doing it even now. We still a little way far from the end, but if it's a year valid it will be ok. We want to go by feb next year.