Whooping Cough Vaccination

Lynnw

Can anyone advise where we can get whooping cough vaccinations for free or at a discounted rate while we are on holiday in Brisbane?

Hi

For permanent visa and up people vaccination is free and paid by the government, if you are not yet permanent you will need to phone around for pricing

Your best bet is is to phone the clinics / pharmacies in the area when you arrive and ask for prices

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/immunisation/free-vaccine.htm

Are you coming on holiday from South Africa or elsewhere in Aus?

Why dont you just get the vaccination done where ever you are now?

Thanks everyone - we are on holiday from South Africa. We have decided to go to the GP our one son uses and have the vaccinations there. Unfortunately if you are not on medicare you have to pay a GP consultation fee plus the vaccine = approximately $110 each.

Thanks everyone - we are on holiday from South Africa. We have decided to go to the GP our one son uses and have the vaccinations there. Unfortunately if you are not on medicare you have to pay a GP consultation fee plus the vaccine = approximately $110 each.

Lynn I don't know what suburb you are in but if it's any help there is a Safrican dr in Taringa Medical Centre. I don't know him, just know of him.

I thought some pharmacies did vaccinations cheaper? You could call a Terry White near you (for example) and ask if they do them.

I'm a bit confused about why you thought you would be able to get a free/ subsidised vaccine if you are here as a tourist?

• Like 2

My folks came out for the birth of my second son and they, as grandparents, got the vaccine free from my doctor. At the time the government had a big drive to immunise grandparents. I did have to pay my GP her fee for the appointment.