189 processing time

NewFutureAhoy

We applied for our 189 visa last week. We went to the police station and sent our docs off. Going for xrays this week and the rest of our medicals in about 2 weeks time.

House? Sold! Furniture? Sold! (Some of it) Car? Sold! (One of them)... We just cannot wait anymore.

How long did everyone wait from when they applied for their 189 visas until it was approved? Do you think the police clearance is going to delay the process? I do wish we had applied for it a while ago!

Hi Janine,

We also applied for our 189 visas on 9th Feb and just have meds and PCC to do now. Medicals booked for 18 March but worried about PCC's. We posted by registared mail on 3 Feb and they only arrived on the 18 Feb due to our wonderfully efficent postal service having a strike.. It was finally collected on the 28th Feb, 10 days later by the rapid response unit. Now we wait in anticipation for them to be processed. Hopefully the wait will not be too long!

hey guys,

we've lodged a few weeks back and i've loaded all docs i thought necessary.

unfortunately i cant open the link to the attachment checklist on the Immi page, so not sure if i've got everything in the right format etc.

does someone have a different link to that checklist or have a soft copy by any chance?

one of the things i was wondering is wether one needs to attach bank accounts to show savings?

help would be MUCH appreciated,

thanx!!!!!

Hi kathrin,

Not sure about link as we are working through an agent? But we didn't have to submit any bank statements with our application.

We got a case officer today and she asked for PCC and medicals.

Are you applying for a 190 or 189 visa?

Also going through an agent, who did not ask for bank statements. Ozpe, when did you submit?

Thanx Ozpe and Janine for the answers.

we're applying for the 189 as well.

could i ask one more question pleeease?

i uploaded all docs electronically, but am now wondering if they wanna see originals of any of it, e.g. PCC?

thanx a mil ...again!!!

Went through an agent, so this is totally out my scope, but as far as I know and understand, they need the original form 80s. But if you must send anything, apparently they will contact you for the specific document. I think.

If you can... load original Colour Copies ... Once your case officer is assigned they will ask for any further documents they require.

We were asked for bank statements.

Not to prove savings but to prove that money was being depositted for the payslips we produced for the work experience claimed.

Just waiting for Police Clearances now ...

Only loaded on the SAPS website a week after they were actually sent by Postnet.

I am hoping for good news next week , (WEEK THREE) would be an amazing gift just in time for our Wedding Celebraions :ilikeit:

thanx for the answers NewFutureAhoy and Charmz! very helpful!

Charmz we got our PCC at three weeks exactly.

i've had to do many of those over the years (for my SA visas since i'm originally German) and have really only made positive experiences with this department of SAPS. so holding thumbs for you!!!

...and enjoy your wedding celebration :ilikeit:

Hi Charmz, I have just been to the PCC website and see we are still not on the system. I noticed there was a space where you can fill in an enquiry number at what stage do you receive it? According to registared mail the forms were collected last week.

lodged 17 Feb, case officer assigned today and only medical stuff outstanding / requested!

yeeeeehaaaaaaa, this is so gonna happen :ilikeit:

Heeeeha! Hubby and I are eager beavers, so had chest xrays last week and the rest of our medicals next week. Just the post office that is taking their sweet time with delivering our application for police clearance to our agent! Been in the post for 2 weeks now :( Hopefully it doesn't take too long and slow us down! So exciting that you got a case officer after less than a month! Hopefully the same for us!

soooo hope the post office is pulling up their socks soon NewFutureAhoy!!!

2 weeks is absolutely ridiculous!

guess there's ONE advantage to being in Pretoria over Cape Town (with the PCC office right here).

holding thumbs for you!!!

thanx for the answers NewFutureAhoy and Charmz! very helpful!

Charmz we got our PCC at three weeks exactly.

i've had to do many of those over the years (for my SA visas since i'm originally German) and have really only made positive experiences with this department of SAPS. so holding thumbs for you!!!

...and enjoy your wedding celebration :ilikeit:

thank you kathrin . . . and Congrats on your co . . . VISA is around the corner :ilikeit:

Edited by charmz

Hi NewFutureAhoy, we were registared on the PCC site today. It seems they have a bit of a back log due to the postal strike. My wife called them last week and they said they were swamped with new aplications. Ours took 2 weeks from collection at the post office until it got loaded onto the system. Hopefully they will be finalised before the end of the month!

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced the same - my wife and daughter have a link from where I can get their HAP Ids to have their medicals done, but my son and I have the following notice

"The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for."

Has anyone else had this on their 189 application? Should I be worried?

I have to be honest, I didn't get that message. Have you asked your migration agency?

I know that if you work in the medical field, you need a few extra blood tests. To all those in the medical field, on the HAP form, you must tick if you are a doctor, nurse or paramedic. Don't make the mistake I made and assume a paramedic is a guy who works in an ambulance. Paramedic refers to all allied health professionals.

It took a month to the day to get a case officer. Most important thing right now is your police clearance. It takes long and is now delaying our process! Medicals are uploaded within 2 days, so don't stress too much. See if your centre Will book them about a month and 2 days after you lodged your visa without the HAP number. Or even just phone the centre and ask why that is happening. They are very clued up!!!

Good luck!!!

I have to be honest, I didn't get that message. Have you asked your migration agency?

I know that if you work in the medical field, you need a few extra blood tests. To all those in the medical field, on the HAP form, you must tick if you are a doctor, nurse or paramedic. Don't make the mistake I made and assume a paramedic is a guy who works in an ambulance. Paramedic refers to all allied health professionals.

It took a month to the day to get a case officer. Most important thing right now is your police clearance. It takes long and is now delaying our process! Medicals are uploaded within 2 days, so don't stress too much. See if your centre Will book them about a month and 2 days after you lodged your visa without the HAP number. Or even just phone the centre and ask why that is happening. They are very clued up!!!

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks NewFutureAjoy for your response.

I've already submitted forms for PCC, so should come in time as I lodged on 26th Mar and handed the docs in myself at the South African Criminal Record Centre in Pretoria and already showing on SAPS site.

Was just a little concerned with the medicals - when you mention centre, you mean like "Hatmed Medical Centre & Travel Clinic" in Pretoria?

First step in Australia would be to get a suitable laptop to avoid double posts! Communicating over a phone is difficult!

Yes, contact the people who actually do the medicals and xrays. I messed up with my HAP form and they sorted out that for me, along with passport complications (I have 2 passports, one in my maiden name, one in my married name).

When you phone, ask specifically for the person that deals with Australia. The other people will have knowledge, but will not be experts

First step in Australia would be to get a suitable laptop to avoid double posts! Communicating over a phone is difficult!

Yes, contact the people who actually do the medicals and xrays. I messed up with my HAP form and they sorted out that for me, along with passport complications (I have 2 passports, one in my maiden name, one in my married name).

When you phone, ask specifically for the person that deals with Australia. The other people will have knowledge, but will not be experts

Great, thanks a lot - will get onto that straight away

yes, calling HatMed is a good idea - found them very professional and knowledgeable.

wouldnt be surprised though if its just a glitch in the immi website, which is gonna sort itself out.

oh and PCC took SAPS exactly three weeks (just as i was told when i applied), so will hopefully be not too long a wait!

Strength!

visa granted - yeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :ilikeit:

wow!!! jumped out of bed and started dancing :jester:

good luck to those of you still waiting!!!!

• Like 1

visa granted - yeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :ilikeit:

wow!!! jumped out of bed and started dancing :jester:

good luck to those of you still waiting!!!!

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!!! congrats!!!!