DAbro

We waited 3 weeks for our police clearance. (Handed in early Jan 2014)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fffffffffff. Waiting for our certificates as the last step. Some nice chap said they were going on a sign-athon yesterday and today the website is broken, and they are not answering their phones.

Wanting to leave end of May and this is really taking forever! Have a few job prospect who say they need my visa asap. Seriously?

Time to leave this place of terrible services :(

sent pcc apps 04 feb 2014

got sms that pcc apps are received and in process 12 March 2014

got sms pcc's complete 03 april 2014

basically took 2 months

Sooooo jealous, Ozpe! Trevor Coetzee, we received an sms on 19 March. So according to your timeline, it should be today. Will get hubby to super stalk them again. I want to do my happy dance like Ozpe!

Note I did hound them. They say delays due to postal strike and backlogs. If I didnt hound them I fear it would have been another month at least. Trev

Give me tips on how to hound them? Our agent is going in to check today. My husband also tries to phone them every so often, but we are getting a thousand different stories and timelines. Someone told him yesterday it will be ready Wednesday, but that is what they said last week, it would be ready by this Wednesday. I phoned and he said today, latest Monday. How does no one know?

012 393 3697/3766

I spoke to Daleen, she fetched our out of the pile and signed it off, i dont have her direct line but ask for her and tell her its for immigration, she was an absolute star!!! Good luck

• Like 1

When I received mine back, it didnt have my maiden name on there (AFTER asking for it), I called the same day shouting and screaming at them and I got my new one the next day! Unfortunately in South Africa, good service is scarce. you have to shout and scream to get what you want.

Thank you for your help! Will try to see if that trick works for us too!

Tried both numbers. No one knows a Daleen there. Just my luck! Will have to be patient over the weekend!

I Found this number also written down on my notepad, 012 393 3904, try again and ask for Daleen. maybe your lucky.

Trev

Thank you

I actually ended up asking the police clearance people and got her number in a round about way. She wasn't there, so will phone again tomorrow, but it did help in that they could tell us there were 3000 people before us... Thank you so much for your help!

Fyi. They have 30000 police clearance applications to get through. They can't do it at the police station anymore because of all of the fraud. Pretty hectic! Apparently someone is busy with our pile and we should get an sms today or tomorrow morning. They are going on another sign-athon tomorrow and Wednesday. Good luck to everyone with applications! Let's hope it is our chance this time!

Fyi. They have 30000 police clearance applications to get through. They can't do it at the police station anymore because of all of the fraud. Pretty hectic! Apparently someone is busy with our pile and we should get an sms today or tomorrow morning. They are going on another sign-athon tomorrow and Wednesday. Good luck to everyone with applications! Let's hope it is our chance this time!

30000 applications? Gees, that's a considerable amount. Oh well another wait lol. Waited 5 years already, what's another couple days, months... Uh OH here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!

Jip. After 4 weeks we were told on Friday that we are number 3000 on the list. Clearly need a new plan, this is not working for them!

LOL, the scanner, really???

We received the SMS yesterday that our clearances had been finalized. We handed our application personally on the 14th of March 2014. My wife collected it today and we have now submitted to the CO. Now the agonizing wait for a decision begins, hopefully not too long now.

I have read in some cases that next day, after submitting PC's, some people received their visa grant e-mail. Let's hope and pray for that :)

Good luck to everybody!!!!!

Edited by marconi

Finally got my confirmation sms! Buuuut my name is spelt wrong :( Here is to the next few days of sitting on the phone all day to fix it ; (

LOL, the scanner, really???

We received the SMS yesterday that our clearances had been finalized. We handed our application personally on the 14th of March 2014. My wife collected it today and we have now submitted to the CO. Now the agonizing wait for a decision begins, hopefully not too long now.

I have read in some cases that next day, after submitting PC's, some people received their visa grant e-mail. Let's hope and pray for that :)

Good luck to everybody!!!!!

Aaaaand? Any news yet?

Not sure how the bunnyhop document guys did it for us, but they got it through in 2 weeks around the December holidays just passed, we were expecting big delays as that is the worst time of the year to do it, costs more to do it through them but i think they have the contacts so well worth it if you in a hurry or not up for doing the chasing yourself

Not sure how the bunnyhop document guys did it for us, but they got it through in 2 weeks around the December holidays just passed, we were expecting big delays as that is the worst time of the year to do it, costs more to do it through them but i think they have the contacts so well worth it if you in a hurry or not up for doing the chasing yourself

A brother from another mother's second cousins aunt who they babysat the family dog while they were holiday for has a son who's married to a girl who is best friends with one of the werkers at DOH who's secretly snogging her boss (who they found out about) and now doesn't want the secret to get out so she's fast tracking all their applications. :P

• Like 1

And zooma got a cut?

And don't forget about Juju, he was there in it all somewhere too. :ph34r:

We were told by docassist that our documents are already there and no use in trying to submit them again through them... Busy chatting to Daleen, hopefully she can sort it out for us ASAP. We wanna go over beginning of June, which means I need to resign from my job next week... Cannot wait!