DAbro

Hi everyone.

Forgive me if this has been asked multiple times, but I havent seemed to find the answer any where. I have just lodged my Police Clearance forms in Pretoria, and was wondering what peoples experience has been in how long it took for them to recieve their certificate. Ive heard it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to 6 months?

thanks for your help!

Dani

Our pcc's took exactly 14 days as the website said at the time. Depends on their backlog and how many of them turn up for work. I would guess that it's going to be closer to the 6 week mark now because of the holidays and them having to catch up the backlog.

Who knows though miracles can still happen.

• Like 1

We sent ours in on 11dec and according to the post office tracking systen it had been at their post office since 17 dec and not collected yet. I mailed and got a reply asking my id nr. Replied and followed up but have not heard anything back yet

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Mine was sent in on the 23rd, and by mistake my cousin sent in through the normal post. Im freaking out a little that it wont actually arrive, and I have no way of knowing if it does, until it shows up on the SAPS website. I would love to have my citizenship before the next semester of uni starts because it has been very expensive to have to pay for it outright, but im thinking thats just a pipe dream right now :/

Good luck Remmy, hope you get yours back soon!

According to a person I know that works in the police department it should not take more than 28 days. Don't know how reliable my source is though.

does anybody have any other number or email (CRCNameClearance@saps.gov.za) or a contact at the department for help?

My documents have been at their post office for 3 weeks now and nobody has gone to fetch the mail.....

I mail them every other day asking what is going on, but am not getting any positive feedback. I did get a response from a lady saying she will follow up, but still nothing....

we have been waiting for our CO for 5 years....now that we have one, we were so hoping in getting our visa quickly, but now we just continue to wait for this stupid PCC.

All other documents the CO requested has been submitted, but we are not having luck with the PCC

Hey Renny, I suggest that you email your CO proof that you have applied for the PCC so that they are aware that it has been done. In the notes somewhere that our CO sent us they mention that you should either email them the PCC or proof of application within 28 days of it being requested.

Hey Juju,

When ya gonna upgrade to the red beret bro? Juju styles with the times...Not sure if the chimp will be impressed, PMSL.

I'm a peace loving, chilled rasta monkey not an uptight, moronic commy monkey and HEOJJ translates to AntiJuju not Juju follower. There is no one on this earth (besides mugabe I guess) that I dislike more. ;):P

Can I say all that? :whome:

• Like 2

My sides are hurting I'm laughing so much. I'm with you, but perhaps that little Kim Jong Un II, the second, third, fourth or whatever is a distant contender. You have to love little Juju though, he is a fearless freedom fighter, although to be honest I did figure him more for a KFC praise singer or rep for Johnny Blue. :jester:

My bet is that Juju and madam Winnie the Pooh and Kenny "Killah" Kunene meet up and start campaigning. Now that is a scary thought for the poor folk left in SA. It would be funny if not so sad and fatalistic in a sense. That such people can get such power....

Ok so we have replacements for Pooh Bear, Rabbit and Eyore. Add Trevor the Tigger Manual, Kgalema Owl Motlanthe and Jacob Tortoise Zuma and you have the perfect cast for the South African remake of "The Hundred Acre Disaster".

Okay, I must stop now before I hurt something laughing. :P Or get myself into a lot of trouble. :whome:

• Like 1

My application went in on the 28/11/2013 and was done on the 13/12/2013 so about 2 weeks

Remember you can check if they have it and when it is done here:

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModules/internetSite/beh_cert_search.asp#result

Fill in your ID number in the second block

Mine will be a few weeks yet, only went in yesterday. Missus still has to write her Englees exam, and then medicals and we are about done.

I am checking the website daily as well. Ours went in 9 December and there is still no word from them. Also still waiting for a CO to be assigned, but would really like to have all the documents ready before we get the CO and in the same breath I want a CO yesterday...

Patience is a virtue...

Virtue is a grace...

Grace is a little girl who didn't wash her face...

Patients, patients. What's that can you eat it. Where is my phone so I can check my mail again. Who wants to go play golf?

OCD combined with ADD, cause... Oh look more shiny things to play with. And we wonder how topics wonder. Which reminds me I need to go and cut the grass. :P

Thanks everyone.

So, yeh, my form has officilalyl been delivered according to he post office track and trace system. But, Ive checked everyday for 10 days on the SAPS check website that someone posted earlier, and it says that there are no records of it. Im assuming there has been a terrible backlog or something over the holiday season.

Its really frustrating, because im really waiting for citizenship to help with uni fees. My course costs $4500 up front this semester, and Im freaking out a little bit.

Does anyone know of anyone else who has been in my situation that ive passed the citizenship test and everything, but wont qualify for HECS until its official. Is there anyway around this, or any way that I can get help to pay for the course from the government? Ive been a permanent resident from the get go...

thanks again for the help everyone! I hope all your PPCs and citizenship applications are progressing smoother than mine :)

Friends of ours had their daughters citizenship ceremony fast tracked for thw HECS support. As far as I know all they did was contact the mayors office, explained rhe situation and asked them to push up the ceremony. It's worth a try.

My husband received a sms yesterday to say he's PCC was received but I did not get anything (sent together). I then logged into the PO tracking system and according to them the parcel has still not been collected??? I called the PO and according to them the parcels from a Private bag is collected on a daily basis and signed for as a whole, so my individual parcel will not be signed for, thus not showing on the tracking system. The nice lady at the PO assured me that all parcels going to a Private bag are sent there directly.

So the conclusion is that they have actually received my application, but only registered hubbies one on the system, although none of our ID's reflect anything when we try to track it on the Police website.

• 1 month later...

applied for pcc's two weeks ago have not received an sms from them yet???

guess i should follow up tomo?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I applied for police clearance at our local police station. I see people mentioning that you can check the progress online. How do you go about this? I can't seem to find it on the website.

TIA

We sent in our Pcc's on 7 Feb and just received a call this morning to pick it up at my POLICE station, dont have to drive to Pretoria to get it.

We didnt take the Pcc's in ourselves the nice lady at the police office did and she just gave me the call to come and collect. If you want awesome service regarding pcc's go to Muldersdrift police station.

I just got a message this morning saying that it has been finalized so hopefully in a couple of days it will have been delivered to the police station.

• Like 1