Teaching in Australia: The process explained

rikamarie

Well done Rikamarie! Wonderful post.

The only thing I can add is just for WA, and also just for interest to those teachers who want some syllabus information...

Check out http://www.scsa.wa.edu.au/internet/

:)

• Like 1

A heads up to Early Childhood teachers: I found out this week that before an Early Childhood Centre can employ you, your qualifications need to be assessed by The Australian Childrens Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Assessment-of-equivalent-early-childhood-educator-qualifications

This unfortunately cost around $2000!

I won't be able to afford it from RSA, so the plan is then either to get a job at a private school / primary school or to work as an educator's assistant and have the assessment done once we land in Aus. We have $$ in our commonwealth bank account that I can use.

Must admit I am a bit down about this! Wished I'd known sooner.

Sorry to hear, that is a ridiculous amount of money!

AlBrough it feels like everything is just a money making scheme! Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

Thanks guys! I'm convinced all will work out, even if I have to start again at the bottom as an assistant.

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee!! Good news!! I made a mistake on the fees for the assessment! It is $102 and not $2000 like thought! Yippee!! Never in my life have I been so glad to make a mistake!

And more good news! I have an interview at Buggles Early Learning centre. They said they'll schedule it for early January after we land in Oz, so by that time my assessment is also complete and they can proceed according to my assessment results! Excellent news! I am so happy about it!

• Like 1

Just a heads- up for Maths and Science teachers out there. Eastern suburbs Christian school ( in Perth) has position/s advertised. Have a look on Seek.

That's a nice mistake to make. Congrats on the interview and good luck. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, Anyone for tips and job prospects for wood-and metalwork teachers. Is there a need for woodwork teachers. Regards. Travis Carlson

Whenever an advertisement has gone out out for a D & T ( Design and Technology- wood, metal, jewellery all fall under this category) teacher, there has been a real shortage of applications- generally wood and metal teachers can make more money working in their trade area; so it is difficult to get them into teaching. The guys who do teach though, tend to stay in the job until they become part of the furniture ( :excl: ) so not too many jobs are advertised. right place, right time....

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...