Some questions for teachers in Western Australia.

rikamarie

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! My registration with the Teacher Registration of WA went through this morning :ilikeit: So happy!

Congratulations, now just to get registered with the WA Department of Education, fill in another three hundred firms and don't forget Tracer. Being a teacher in Aus is definitely a calling and not for the faint hearted.

• Like 1

Congratulations, now just to get registered with the WA Department of Education, fill in another three hundred firms and don't forget Tracer. Being a teacher in Aus is definitely a calling and not for the faint hearted.

Seems that WA is not so full of nonsense.

On the jobs.wa.gov.au website you can apply for jobs and this is the only criteria:

ELIGIBILITY

Employees will be required to:

• obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
  • obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
  • eligibility for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au

TRAINING

Employees will be required to:

• complete the Department's induction program within three months of commencement; and
  • complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.

So no Tracer or registration with the Dept. I've checked and googled and searched, don't see anything about registering with the Dept. Unless I'm missing something.

I've applied for 3 jobs through this website :D Hoping for the best. Also applied to 2 other schools for jobs and sent my cv to a few other schools.

How is YBR job hunting going?

I'm kinda thinking we should move. :P

• Like 1

Will be holding thumbs for the job apps. I am sure you will find the perfect one.

• Like 1

You may already be aware, but more and more of the independent, Catholic and private schools are advertising only on www.seek.com.au rather than in the newspapers. The long lists of advertisements has just kicked off, so between now and mid/end of October is prime time for teaching jobs. Will post up as soon as my employer starts our advertising ( good chance of a high school Science ( specifically Human Biology/Biol) job becoming available...

( BTW I am not a fan of the TRB, but it is a necessary evil if you want to teach- just don't expect anything in return for your fees other than threats of legal action/de-registration if you are thinking of being late with the annual registration fee!!)

• Like 1