Form 80 - Character Assessment

The Movers

Hi all,

Please could someone assist with the following questions on Form 80.

- Address in Australia where you will be staying or can be contacted.

This is obviously subject to visa approval, so do I leave it blank?

- Are you applying for a Temporary Visa? Yes or No. If yes, provide final departure date from Australia.

We are applying for the Skilled Provisional 489 visa which is a pathway to PR after 2 years with no intention to return. Which one do we tick?

- Details of proposed arrival in Australia

We stated "subject to visa approval". Is this correct or maybe we should provide a date then they will expedite our grant? :blush-anim-cl:

- I am applying for a visa to travel to Australia as a :-

Migrant or temporary resident?

Apologies for all the questions but now that we have a CO we want to make sure that we respond to his requests quickly so we can start packing:)

Thank you

Hi all,

Please could someone assist with the following questions on Form 80.

- Address in Australia where you will be staying or can be contacted.

This is obviously subject to visa approval, so do I leave it blank?

We didn't fill in anything under this. I think this is filled in if you already have an address to goto or family in Australia.

- Are you applying for a Temporary Visa? Yes or No. If yes, provide final departure date from Australia.

We are applying for the Skilled Provisional 489 visa which is a pathway to PR after 2 years with no intention to return. Which one do we tick?

If you are applying for a 189 or 190 then it's not temporary it's a permanent residence visa.

- Details of proposed arrival in Australia

We stated "subject to visa approval". Is this correct or maybe we should provide a date then they will expedite our grant? :blush-anim-cl:

Putting a date in here is not going to expedite the processing, they just want an idea of when you plan on moving to Australia.We just put a month and year in on the form.

- I am applying for a visa to travel to Australia as a :-

Migrant or temporary resident?

189 and 190 visas are migrant visa's and not temporary.

Apologies for all the questions but now that we have a CO we want to make sure that we respond to his requests quickly so we can start packing:)

Thank you

No need to apologize for anything, The only dumb questions are the questions never asked. Good luck with the visa application.

HEJJ is right - you are a migrant not temp...I put a month and year (march 2013 subject to visa approval) and I put our friends address and just wrote that it was a friend.

I was never asked for form 80 (was pretty miffed actually as had taken time to do it anyway!!) but they want you to put your info down as accurately as possible. you can't really go wrong so long as you are entering the info as accuratley as possible. good luck the paperwork is just hideous!!!!!

• Like 1

I was never asked for form 80 (was pretty miffed actually as had taken time to do it anyway!!)

Is it not a standard thing that everyone must fill in form 80?

Our agent has not yet asked us to fill it in or given any indication that the CO will need it, but we did complete quite a comprehensive visa prep form which our agent gave us a few months back (not an official DIAC form), which had questions of previous travel, family members etc but nothing like the questions that have been mentioned here.

We had to fill in one for myself and my husband. According to our CO any person above 16 years should fill it in. The most painful thing about this form is that you can't save the information you've entered. So what I did is, I would fill it in and then put my computer to "sleep" everytime instead of shutting it off. I had to put it to sleep a lot of times because I didn't know all the info off by heart and had to double check it first!

I agree, just fill in the info you have as accurately as possible.

Hi all,

You guys are awesome, thank you for your help!

HEOJJ - Thank you for breaking it down for me, I needed it.

OzzieWishes - I will add your wording "subject to visa approval" as that is a fact.

Claudiodr - I agree, Form 80 is painful but yet so necessary.

Rikamarie - I also read somewhere on this forum that everyone 16 and over needs to complete it. We completed our form by hand.

sianvs - Not sure if it's standard but it was requested for our application

• Like 1

MOST PAINFUL FORM EVER!

Sorry, just had to add that after doing mine last night:-)

Form 1276 may beat Form 80. If you look at the 2 forms it's a complete duplication of all the information. Don't see the point.