Photos of Darwin

Rover

For those interested in Darwin, be it as a place to live or just a holiday, here is a couple of photos I've taken over the last five months or so.

Firstly, there is Darwin - First Encounters and then, Life in Darwin Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3. These are more about what we've been up to.

This is followed by Darwin City (the best choice to see a bit of the CBD), Crocodylus Park, Mindil Beach Sunset Market and Darwn Sunsets.

Finally, for the Petrolheaded, there is some photos of Hidden Valley Motorsport Complex, which was the first place I went to after finding out where we were to live. Frankly, I think it's the best pictures, but it'll show you next to nothing about Darwin.

Darwin is hot. In summer the mercury may rarely go over 36C, compared to the 40's of other places, and rarely drops below 25C. Combine that with constant (very high) humidity which is only broken by rain, and you have a permanent sauna interupted by a hot shower. The Dry is apparently much better, but we've not experienced it yet. Darwin has had about 1000mm less rain than is normal for the Wet up to now, and even the locals find it a bit hard going.

Other than that, it's just a big country town with friendly people, lots of fishing, awesome sunsets, perspiration and crocodiles. The latter is, thankfully, not to be seen in the streets, but they do frequent the local watering holes (not the pubs, those are full of locals).

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Wow, thanks Rover :ilikeit: !! Have spent a leisurely afternoon looking through your albums & Darwin looks so lovely. (I am headed to Canberra (state sponsored) but definitely want to visit Darwin now.) Please keep up the posts.

You're welcome, africancowgirl, I've been adding to them as I go along.

Some great pics Rover. Coming for a holiday next month, can't wait!

• Like 1