189 visa appilcation help!

Marichelle Mader

Hi guys!!! We have lodged application 3 dec and paid in full, received ack letter and the status said in progress, we could see all doncuments and uploads, but now its changed to appliction reveived and we cannot see any letters, and documents anymore, is there something wrong ????? Please help ??? Stressing!!!!!

mine also showed that for a day or two, then it showed up again. We had to send in documents that co requested, the next day everything was blank again. I think maybe once received and viewed the screen changes until they update it again on their side - just a thought - not to worry just yet

Thx!!!! Did you already have a co when this happened ??? We don't have co yet...

Hey there

The exact same thing happened to me today, and we lodged our application on the 3 December as well. It also said "in progress" for the whole week and then today changed to "application recieved" and I can't see any of my documents.

I have no idea if anything is wrong or what, just thought I'd let you know that you not the only one.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Dear Marichelle,

Dont worry too much about that. They have been having issues with skill select and are aware of the challenges. As long as you have paid your VISA fee, a CASE OFFICER will be appointed to you. When the case officer is appointed they will give you a checklist asking for documents they couldnt access on skill select and if they didnt see anything, then they will ask for all your documents. The case officers are usually appointed within a month under the new system.

I applied In early nov and had a case officer appointed 3rd dec and she sent me a checklist asking again for some of the documents I attached on skill select as she said she couldnt view them due to tech issues.

Hope that helps... so dont panic, the case officer will ask for documents again and this time she will give you an email which you can email directly too.

Kind regards

Gordon

Now Im almost confused as I read your post again. Are you talking about your EOI being suspended. If so, it gets suspended when you apply for a VISA and if you want to access the application itself sign in with your initial number give and then go to the right hand side of the screen and click on a link "continue saved application", then that will ask for the TRN number and password that they gave you when you paid for the VISA. I am not sure if that was the problem but let me know if that helps...

I received a CO about 2 days later. The UBC was uploaded on 5/12 and everything was gone the next day. Today everything is back acknowledging receipt. They are looking at your application by the looks of things :)

I have experienced this on several occasions since our visa was lodged and documents uploaded on 7 November. I really wouldn't worry about it too much because all of the CO's seem to know that there is a problem with the eVisa site and should they require additional documentation they will email you (or your agent if you are using one) and ask you to email the stuff directly to them. Just hang in there this part takes lots of patients.

Thx guys!! Jip, everything back to normal, except it syas application received and not in progress anymore.

Hurry up and wait.... :)

hey Marichelle

Just got assigned a case officer, did the same thing happen with you?

Hi, nope.... when did you apply for visa ?? We only paid and lodged on 3rd of dec....

So happy for you!!! Hope the grant comes quickly :ilikeit:

thanks

We applied for a 190 visa so that might be the difference. But then yours should be coming soon, or at the very least within four weeks according to the priority processing times now in place. So looks like we all gonna be in Oz early 2013!!!:)

it should read "received" until it is formally lodged (you will receive a letter/email from DIAC about two weeks after payment)...once it is formally lodged and you have received your mail, it will be "in progress"...and you will receive a CO about 2 weeks after that. he/she will request documentation that they cannot access due to tech issues. don't stress, you are exactly where you should be. make sure you have applied for your PCs as it all happened so fast for me and now my pcs have held up the whole process. they are also taking a little longer at the moment as their is a "backlog" in pretoria as "it is december!!!!"

They upgraded their processing software at the end of November, so what some of you may have been experiencing is just the shakeout of the system bugs.

I hope it's bugs that they shook out and not the actual applications, there has been no change whatsoever to the eVisa site, all the files that I uploaded still say requested or required, including the medicals so I've got no idea what's going on at the moment and I don't really want to bug the CO because I'd rather just let them get on with the processing.

Hi guys!! just checked our visa apllication status, all the same,still says in progress, but the dates received for documents uploaded changed to the 11/12/2012, and not 04/12/2012, does this mean someone is working on our application, or am I getting exited for nothing ???

This could mean that someone is working on your application or it could just mean there are bugs in the system again. I would not get too excited if I were you but that's just the pessimist in me talking. ;)