Cheap(er) flight tickets

KeithA

Hi all

I know this topic has been asked and answered but I cant seem to locate one with a link to a site where we can get cheap(er) tickets when we fly out. I have read about IOM and MARA but cant trace a flight option - unless i am looking in the wrong place

My understanding is that IOM tickets are not available for temporary visas.

You can use IOM for 457 visas....we came in on a 457 and used them, that was a few years ago but reading the forum, 457 holders are still using them.

We also used IOM for a 163 Business Visa which is a temp visa. Keith I think you have to phone them in PTA, there's no link on their website.

There are posts about this. Just search and you will find email details and contact people who have helped others on the forum.

Thanks guys ... will start searching and get hold of them in Pta!

Email Gloria - this is what she told me:

Our services are strictly for new migrants coming to Australia with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, one way with no return tickets.

I think the focus is on the fact that it's a one way ticket.

Gloria Rasivhaga

Operations Assistant

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

MRF Pretoria, South Africa

Office: +27 12 342 2789

Fax: +2712 342 0932

Email: grasivhaga@iom.int

Enternet: www.iom.org.za;www.iom.int

‘Migration for the Benefit of All’

Edited by Toitjie

Gloria has just been replaced with a new woman but I can't remember her name.. But I'm sure Keith will track her down :)

Gloria has been replaced by a lady named Tumi Rabothatha. Yes emphasis is on one way tickets

Gloria has been replaced by a lady named Tumi Rabothatha. Yes emphasis is on one way tickets

Tumi was the one that helped us with booking in February this year and she was very efficient and quick in her responses. Found her to be a lot more helpful than Gloria so I'm sure she'll be able to assist you.

A

aaaah no wonder I am getting no response. I had mailed Gloria.. Will have to speak to Tumi.

Tumi is on leave...so Gloria is the one you need to speak to..I mailed her 2w ago and still have had no response so don't hold your breath

Tumi is on leave...so Gloria is the one you need to speak to..I mailed her 2w ago and still have had no response so don't hold your breath

Same thing. Pretty useless.

I phoned Gloria this morning and our flights have been booked and paid for. Maybe you just have to catch her at the right moment. When I asked for a quote I emailed copies of our passports and our visa grant letter straight away, so maybe this helped.

I mailed her again today. Tried to call her and was just given her email address. I sent the visa grant as well...think she just doesn't like me LOL. I will try calling again tomorrow

Just keep phoning and bug the hell out of them. I learnt a long time ago that if you do this people get so gatvol of hearing from you they eventually do it just to get rid of you :boxing:

Just keep phoning and bug the hell out of them. I learnt a long time ago that if you do this people get so gatvol of hearing from you they eventually do it just to get rid of you :boxing:

So when are you flying?????

And the fun continues LOL. Gloria is now in Cape Town till next week, so got hold of some other lady who we then had to mail stuff too who said they will get back to us by the end of today....

• 2 years later...

This is a very old topic but I just want to add my 2c. Tumi and Gloria is still working at IOM. Gloria actually sent me a quote this morning. It's way more than if I book our flights through Travelstart. I couldn't believe it! For extra baggage I'm definitely not paying R20 000 more! So I won't be using IOM.

This is a very old topic but I just want to add my 2c. Tumi and Gloria is still working at IOM. Gloria actually sent me a quote this morning. It's way more than if I book our flights through Travelstart. I couldn't believe it! For extra baggage I'm definitely not paying R20 000 more! So I won't be using IOM.

I would query that with Gloria, they are usually quite consistently cheaper!

And sometimes it pays to just let them try a few days after or before as it makes a huge difference to the quote (as you probably know).

Edited by Bronwyn&Co
  • Like 1

I will email her again on Monday. Can we suggest a flight to her? We can get a R28 000 flight on Emirates (22 hrs Joburg - Dubai - Adelaide) Gloria's quote is a lot more for a 35 hrs flight (Joburg - Perth - Sydney - Adelaide) on Quantas.

I will email her again on Monday. Can we suggest a flight to her? We can get a R28 000 flight on Emirates (22 hrs Joburg - Dubai - Adelaide) Gloria's quote is a lot more for a 35 hrs flight (Joburg - Perth - Sydney - Adelaide) on Quantas.

I think you can definitely try that. But when we flew they only did Qantas. I'm not sure if that's still the case. I'd tell her what you were quoted and ask her to try and get it for less? B

Edited by Bronwyn&Co
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why is a flight from Perth to Brissie almost more expensive than flying to Bora Bora go figure..

• Like 1

We found IOM significantly more expensive than most. We dealt directly with Emirates, had good service and a better quote.

• Like 2