House available to rent in Hallett Cove - South Adelaide

DebbieB

Hi.

We have bought but still have a lease on the following property.

Hallett Cove.

Beautiful panoramic sea views with deck in front to sit and enjoy it whilst having a bbq. Three good sized bedrooms, two with sea views. Lounge come dining area. Good sized kitchen which overlooks the back garden. Full bathroom. Back porch running along the house so kids can play outside in rainy and sunny weather. Grassed back garden. Upstairs is a lounge and main bedroom with beautiful sea view. En-suite and walk in closet. Single auto garage and off street parking for one more car.

450m to Hallett Cove beach. Park for kids just down the road. Hallett Cove shopping centre is 5 minutes drive.

$385 per week.

Available immediately.

Thanks, Debbie

• 1 month later...

Hi

Is this house still available for rent? We are looking for cheap accommodation and this sounds perfect for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children). We are looking for something available in Jan 2013, short term, so if this is not available please let me know if you have anything else or know of anything else.

Any other South African expats in Adelaide with anything please let me know as well.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we also have a house available to rent in Hallett Cove. 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, main en-suite. Very big house with sea views from 2nd story.

Nice pool area with rumpus room with own bathroom. Close to school, shopping centre. We bought a house and will be moving end July.

0418 276 761

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Hallett Cove is quite popular for advertising a place to rent. We've been staying in a rental house in Hallett Cove for 2.5 years now...and have finally reached the point where we'll be moving into a more permanent residence. Meanwhile the house we're renting will become available from the 31st July onwards. It's a private rental agreement, and the owner is really great to work with. Send me a message (eketom at gmail dot com) for further information! We've fallen in love with this region, and will only be moving into a bigger place, but we're not leaving the wider area!

hoping there are going to be more of these type of rentals available from Jan 2013..we will need a place from around the 2nd week in Jan

Hi, I hope you don't mind an Aussie posting in this forum, but I have a house I have rented for the last 8.5yrs to 5 successive South African Families (including 2 brothers). The house is in Hallett Cove SA, where you'll find lots of other South Africans and a lifestyle everyone seems to enjoy.

So details about the house:

3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet.

2 bedrooms with built in cupboards.

Space for parking 2 cars off street.

It is on a sloping block facing the sea, and has sea "glimpses".

It has efficient heating & cooling.

I have the electricity and gas accounts in my name, which makes it easier for new arrivals who don't know which company to go with.

It is within 200m of a primary to year 12 school.

It is within 300m of a train station to the city.

It is withing 500m of medium sized shopping centre.

The house is mine, and I will handle everything, no agents.

I keep the rent below the market rate, and try to keep it the same until you move out, ie, current tenants have had a fixed rent for 2.5yrs.

The address is 12 Manunda Way Hallett Cove, South Australia.

The reason I prefer (strongly) to rent to South Africans are:

Most of you have owned houses before and know how/why to look after a house.

You have all been grateful for me letting you rent the house.

I do not care if you don't have a rental history I can check, I understand.

I do not care if you don't have a job, I've seen everyone get jobs really quick, I understand.

I understand that your furniture is coming soon in a container, so I lend everyone some camping chairs, cooking gear, and a 12V car fridge to get you by.

I don't mind if you're family comes to visit, I had up to 11 people in the house at once!!

Everyone has paid the rent and looked after the house, that's all I ask.

And it's great for me to see families arrive, with a tenseness in the face and manner, and gradually, over about 3 months, relax, then 12 months later be absolutely settled.

The house is available after 31st July, hopefully I find someone soon, otherwise I'll have to rent to Aussie's!!

I can provide contact details of previous tenants if you would like to check that I am for real (this is the exact opposite of what happens normally). And I believe the current tenant has posted something up on this exact topic, just above.....

Regards,

Paul Whittenbury

e: paul.whittenbury@bigpond.com.au

• Like 1

Hi everyone, after posting my house for rent above, I have remembered an idea I've had many times after meeting newly arrived SA's and hearing about where they've stayed temporarily, and how much it cost them. Most families have stayed in either a hotel, or a self contained cabin at a caravan park, for about $650+ per week. This hasn't helped them relax and settle when they arrive. It's been too costly and too small. I have an idea that may help in this situation.

I posted my house for rent above, where I am aiming for someone to lease for preferably 12 months, with option to stay on as long as you want.

While everyone wants to get settled into accommodation early, their worry is that when they find a job, will the house not be in the right location?

And finding accommodation early, also means that their furniture/belongings haven't arrived yet either. So they've got a house, but no chairs/beds/fridge etc. sometimes it has taken 6 weeks for this to arrive after moving into my house.

So here's my idea:

I set up the house for short-medium term accommodation, to suit people who have just arrived. That is, go from the airport to the house and unpack.

The house would be fully furnished, including:

• Beds with linen, for up to 5 people.
  • Lounge, dining table, etc.
  • Washing machine
  • Towels
  • A fully equipped kitchen: fridge, microwave, plates, cooking utensils, etc.
  • Gardens would be maintained by me.
  • Electricity, Gas & Water would be connected.
  • Built in wardrobes.
  • Anything I've forgotten?

To be able to do this I would need a higher rent than normal to cover:

• Depreciation on furnishings/appliances
  • Vacancies
  • Electricity, Gas & Water
  • Garden maintenance
  • Risk

The benefits to new arrivals would be:

• Lower initial accommodation cost (the aim is to keep the cost less than a hotel/cabin ($650+/wk), but more than rent ($300/wk), I'm thinking about $450-$500/wk depending on vacancies.
  • Less stress, more comfort.
  • More effort can be put in to finding work.
  • Kids could be enrolled in school immediately.
  • Ability to use the address when applying for work or other accommodation.
  • Ability to use me as a reference when applying for more permanent accommodation.
  • Once a job is found, you can look for where you would like to live.
  • Ability to make advanced bookings, though I don't want to kick people out before they're ready, this is the tricky bit, and where all my risk is.

The benefit to me is:

• Possible higher return.
  • More vacant time to get in and do work to maintain and improve the house.

So the question I'm asking here, to people who are about to come, and those who've done it is: does this sound like something you would be interested in? does the price sound right? would you commit to say a short term lease of 2-3 months, with weekly extensions if required? please contact me direct or via this forum. Also if someone could post this up as an individual forum topic as "Short Term Adelaide Accomodation for new arrivals - interest?" that would be great.

Regards,

Paul Whittenbury

Hi Paul - great idea! We arrived 3 weeks ago and are staying in a house where the people are on an "extended caravan holiday". It has made the world of difference to come into somewhere that "feels like home"! I would add - a playstation / Wii (keeps the kids minds on something else and often theirs has been packed), a large laminated map - detail and overview, maybe access to a car (even an older big car - rentals are always small and new), baby seat / booster seat, a folder with school options in the area, a folder with take-away menus, directions to shops and banks and cellphone providers and how to fill up your car!

Just thoughts off the top of my head!

Good Luck!

Vera

Thanks Vera, I could do all those things, except the car, cost and insurance is the problem, but if this short term rental worked, I could always try. Do you need a house to rent? Mine is available from Tuesday next week, no furnishings though.

All...

Just to confirm. The house I was referring is the house Paul is talking about! Really worth considering :ilikeit:

Paul it's a great idea. I know when I was looking for a good furnished rental around that area for December when we arrive I could not get anything decent at a decent price.The quotes were ridiculous. We are staying at Port Noarlunga now as that is the best price I could get and Tamara is an ex South African as well. I would have loved to stay nearer to Adelaide and Halett Cove was one of the places we would have loved to stay in.

Worth considering.

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone, after almost 2.5yrs, it is with mixed feelings that my current South African tenants are moving out, happy for them that they've bought a house, but now I have to find some new tenants.

Below is my original post for this house. Nothing has changed since then. Please consider if you're moving to Adelaide, or if you're already here and looking for a change.

Cheers, Paul

Hi, I hope you don't mind an Aussie posting in this forum, but I have a house I have rented for the last 8.5yrs to 5 successive South African Families (including 2 brothers). The house is in Hallett Cove SA, where you'll find lots of other South Africans and a lifestyle everyone seems to enjoy.

So details about the house:

3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 toilet.

2 bedrooms with built in cupboards.

Space for parking 2 cars off street.

It is on a sloping block facing the sea, and has sea "glimpses".

It has efficient heating & cooling.

I have the electricity and gas accounts in my name, which makes it easier for new arrivals who don't know which company to go with.

It is within 200m of a primary to year 12 school.

It is within 300m of a train station to the city.

It is withing 500m of medium sized shopping centre.

The house is mine, and I will handle everything, no agents.

I keep the rent below the market rate, and try to keep it the same until you move out, ie, current tenants have had a fixed rent for 2.5yrs.

The address is 12 Manunda Way Hallett Cove, South Australia.

The reason I prefer (strongly) to rent to South Africans are:

Most of you have owned houses before and know how/why to look after a house.

You have all been grateful for me letting you rent the house.

I do not care if you don't have a rental history I can check, I understand.

I do not care if you don't have a job, I've seen everyone get jobs really quick, I understand.

I understand that your furniture is coming soon in a container, so I lend everyone some camping chairs, cooking gear, and a 12V car fridge to get you by.

I don't mind if you're family comes to visit, I had up to 11 people in the house at once!!

Everyone has paid the rent and looked after the house, that's all I ask.

And it's great for me to see families arrive, with a tenseness in the face and manner, and gradually, over about 3 months, relax, then 12 months later be absolutely settled.

The house is available after 31st July, hopefully I find someone soon, otherwise I'll have to rent to Aussie's!!

I can provide contact details of previous tenants if you would like to check that I am for real (this is the exact opposite of what happens normally). And I believe the current tenant has posted something up on this exact topic, just above.....

Regards,

Paul Whittenbury

PS: house is available from 22nd December 2014

Hi everyone, after almost 2.5yrs, it is with mixed feelings that my current South African tenants are moving out, happy for them that they've bought a house, but now I have to find some new tenants.

Below is my original post for this house. Nothing has changed since then. Please consider if you're moving to Adelaide, or if you're already here and looking for a change.

Cheers, Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers, Paul

PS: house is available from 22nd December 2014

Bump

Paul, I suggest you start a brand new thread because when people look at the headlines for this one, it dates back to 2012, then they will probably just skip it and not look at it at all.

If you start a new thread, then it will show the current date!

Hope you find some new tenants, I know there are a few arriving in December/January.