Form 80 & 1221 - Required?

Hi guys,

After applying for the 175 online last week I looked through the checklist that was generated and didn't see form 80 or 1221 on it.

However when DIAC sent the email to confirm that we had applied, form 80 and 1221 were listed as being required.

Now, is it required or not?

The email seems to be a very generic email, whereas the checklist seems more specific to the application, so should I stick with the checklist?

Also, if those forms are required do only I fill it in, or my wife as well?

Did a search on the immi site and came accross this, "Form 1221 is used by the department's officers to obtain further personal information about an applicant where required. ... the form can and is requested on an ad hoc basis regardless of an applicant's age, nationality or any other characteristic at any stage of an application."

So what I gather is that you initial checklist might not have required it but they can request ti from you on an ad hoc basis. If they have asked you for it, then you should complete it.

I think everyone gets the same letter but most people do not complete it. My understanding is that it is something that your CO will ask for if they want it, most people do not bother to send it and are not requested.

We completed ours and attached it to the application mainly because we were worried about how long it might take to get some of the info so we wanted it just in case we were asked - and once we had got it all we decided we might as well attach it anyway.

Hello Guys,

I would advise that everyone on the application that is 16 or over complete a Form 80 as DIAC are almost always requesting these currently.

I would not bother with the Form 1221 unless requested as these are most often not requested. If however you want to ensure there are no hold ups then there is no harm in completing and attaching the Form1221 as well.

Regards

Hello Guys,

I would advise that everyone on the application that is 16 or over complete a Form 80 as DIAC are almost always requesting these currently.

I would not bother with the Form 1221 unless requested as these are most often not requested. If however you want to ensure there are no hold ups then there is no harm in completing and attaching the Form1221 as well.

Regards

Thank you,

This is good information to know.

A question though. I have noticed some people on another forum mentioning that they were asked to fill in form 80 again once a CO was assigned.

Is this only if there was a change is circumstances? I don't want to be filling it out twice if I could just wait for the CO to ask for it.

The Form 80 is quite difficult to fill in correctly. If it isn't filled correctly the case officer will ask you to send through a correct/completed version. As long as you answer every question and don't leave ANY gaps in your work study and place of residence history since leaving school then you should be fine.

Regards

Archived