475 Visa To 887 Pr Visa

Marius & Euneze

Hi Guys

Can any one please assist in the following:

We are applying from a 475 Regional State Sponsored visa to a 887 visa for permanent residence. On DIAC's checklist it states that you and any secondary applicants should not undertake medical examinations for your application unless requested to do so by the department. It also doesn't mention the english test.

Is there someone who applied for this visa recently and who can clarify the above.

Thank you

Euneze

Hi applied for this visa and got it in Feb (is that recent enough?). No need for medicals, no need for English test, you will need a federal police clearance certificate which is really easy to get just go to the post office, with a copy of your passport, pay the money and they post it to you.

If you do the process online it is waaaaay easier than trying to do the paper version - I got myself horribly confused as to what was or wasnt needed via the paper bit but online was pretty straightforward.

We received our PR in April and had to do the English test and medicals. We didn't have to do the SA police clearance because we never went back to South Africa for a visit. Did ozzie police clearance.

This topic is very interesting for me as we will be applying for our 887 early next year.

So does it mean that if you haven’t been back to SA for a visit that you don’t have to do the clearance?

Isabella did you do the medicals before you submitted the application or did they let you know you have to do it? Did you do a paper based application or did you do it online?

Thanks everyone.

Thank you Zoot and Isabella.

Isabella, I also would like to know from which visa did you apply and for what visa? I have noticed that there are a slight difference in concessions for the PR visas.

We would like to hear from you.

Thanks

We went from a 457 visa to ENS 856 (PR). We submitted a paper application. We phone them and they said we had to do medicals, Aus police clearance and the english test. We did all this before we submitted the application. We know friends that didn't went back to South Africa but were asked for their South African police clearance. We took a change, because we know of people that also didn't have to do their SA police clearance, because they never went back. Hope it all make sense.

Can I just emphasize that there are reduced eligibility requirements for holders of a Skilled Regional Sponsored visa. Visa holders of a 475,487,495 and 496. These visa holders can apply for the 887 or RSMS 857.

There is a difference between applying from a 457 and a 475.

When applying for the RSMS 857 it stippulates that you do not need to have your English ability re-assessed because you have already been assessed.

Is there any one who applied for the 887 or RSMS 857?

We would like to hear from you.

Thank you

Euneze

I was on a State Sponsored Visa (495/475).

The 887 visa is more about proving that you have fulfilled the requirements of your original visa (475)- i.e having lived and worked in a regional area for the required period and of course that you have been a model resident of Australia (Federal Polie Clearance).

You originally provided proof of English language ability with your original application so there should be no need to prove it again. Logically if your English was of a sufficiently high standard 2-3 years ago and since then you have been living and working in an English country you would expect your ability to have increased not decreased plus of course having worked in Oz you are proving that your English language ability is suitable for employment.

I wasnt asked to provide a new police clearance certificate for South Africa even though I had been back a few times (I think it may have asked for a police clearance from your home country - I just uploaded a scanned copy of my original police clearance and that was accepted). I think you only need to provide a new police clearance if you returned to South Africa for more than a certain period of time i.e. if say you lived in Oz for a year, went back to South Africa for a year and then returned to Oz to finish up your visa requirements then it would be logical to ask you for another police clearance, however short holidays of a few weeks wouldnt count else you would be needing to get police clearance certificates from every place you ever visited (totally impractical).

I was not asked to do another medical - where it asked date of medical I just put N/A and they had no problem with that. Cant remember if it asked for a reason but if you have to give a reason say provided with original visa application. If they suddenly feel you need to undertake a medical they will tell you. My guess would be that if your original application indicated some medical condition that may have deteriorated then you may well be asked to redo medical.

So in short if they ask for anything you provided first time around just rescan and upload - simple. Let your CO ask you if they want you to do anything different. Just make sure you provide sufficient proof of your living and working in a regional area and you should be fine.

Regarding the police clearance this is what is said online...PCC from RSA can take about 3 months so even if you take a chance apply and then its requested this will delay your application.

"Meeting the character requirement for temporary and permanent migration

For the Australian Government to determine whether you are of good character, you may be asked to provide police certificates for each country you have lived in for 12 months or more over the last ten (10) years since turning 16.

If you are applying outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information when you apply. You will be advised when it is required.

If you are applying in Australia, you should provide this information with your application. "

Regarding the IELTS the main applicant isn't required to re-write but the secondary applicants aged 16 and older will have to redo IELTS unless the IELTS you have is less than 12 months old. This is also stated on the website. Some people take a chance and apply and use their old ones and it works...but again if they do request it you will delay your application. Other thing is all visa's have minimum set of requirements if you dont at least satisfy those your application may be refused.

This also how I understand it....

Everyone 16 and above have to do IELTS (not the main applicant)

Police Clearance - my understanding is that we have to submit it, The original will by now be expired. And I would rather apply beforehand than have my application either be delayed or even worse be refused.

Medicals - It doesn’t look like we have to do medicals again unless the request us. Like Zoot said maybe if you had some or other problem or indication of a problem.

Some South Africans have also told me that because we were not back for holidays to South Africa we won’t need the police clearances, but I will rather get a new one and be safe.

I would LOVE our application to run as smooth and quick as Zoot's

We went from a 457 visa to ENS 857.

It was more than a year since our 457 medicals so had to redo them. Also we needed bloods taken for PR that only I had to do for 457 (I'm a nurse)

IELTS- we were lucky I guess. Letters from my High school and Nursing college were sufficient for both visa's. Hubby got a letter from his then employer in Oz stating is excellent english skills and we were not asked to do IELTS.

We applied for SA police clearance which when we received them were dated after the date we left SA so only needed AFP clearance (that took 4 days!!)

Good Luck with your application

Isabella, we are also going for the 887 from the 475

This Visa is like Zoot said.... just a conversion basicly. There is a difference between applying from a 457 and a 475, like Euneze said. It is easy to confuse the 457 with 475.... huge difference though.

;-)

Any secondary applicant 18 years and over included in the application should have functional English.

yes Euneze you are right its 18 years and older for the IELTS and 16 for the PCC. Sorry for my boo boo :-( too much reading wish the DIAC would make the checklists better suited to the actual applicants...and the auto responses less auto lol.

When I emailed them they just ignored my direct questions and copy and pasted the links to their site? which did not answer my questions thats why I emaild them....:-(

LOL! I don't blame you. I feel the same - too much reading! :ph34r:

• 5 months later...

Visa was approved today! We did medicals and mailed it only this morning! The visa was granted even before they received it. Didn't do IELTS or SA police clearance, only Federal P clearance.

Visa was approved today!

Well done!

How long did the whole process (475 to 887) take you after uploading your documents? I can not find this time-line.

Well done!

How long did the whole process (475 to 887) take you after uploading your documents? I can not find this time-line.

Hi Herman, 2 en 'n half maande. Dit sou gouer afgehandel gewees het as ons van die begin af al ons ou vorms aangeheg het, soos die ou PCC's en IELTS. Hulle het daarvoor gevra en toe het ons net die ou vorms gestuur. Die CO het nie vir medies gevra nie,maar ons het dit in elk geval gaan doen. Dit was geld- en tydmors. Marius het vanoggend die mediese vorms gaan pos en toe is die visum reeds goedgekeur.

Die Here is getrou. Sterkte vir julle.

Die Here is getrou. Sterkte vir julle.

Dankie. Ons Lodge amptelik die 4de Februarie en is van plan om alles aan te heg.

Hi All

I am arriving in Oz at the beginning of March on the 475. When did you all apply for the 887/857? As soon as you had worked for the 2 years? Silly question perhaps but just needed some clarification on timing.

As for the difference between the 886 and 857 this is the answer i received from my agent: "The conversion visa you select will be determined by the employer you have in Australia.

The 887 simply requires you to work for 12 months and live for 2 years in South Australia, while the 857 requires sponsorship from a regional employer".

Moo

Hi All

I am arriving in Oz at the beginning of March on the 475. When did you all apply for the 887/857? As soon as you had worked for the 2 years? Silly question perhaps but just needed some clarification on timing.

As for the difference between the 886 and 857 this is the answer i received from my agent: "The conversion visa you select will be determined by the employer you have in Australia.

The 887 simply requires you to work for 12 months and live for 2 years in South Australia, while the 857 requires sponsorship from a regional employer".

Moo

You can start uploading documents 28 days before your 2 years are "up", but you can lodge only on the day after your 2 years.

Hi all wondering if someone can help me with a question regarding the application. At some point they ask you details about family members(brothers sisters parents that isnt coming with you to Australia) is this question related to both the main applicant and secondary applicant? because it gives only option of Parent and not really who's parent it is? :blush:

Wish this was done...few weeks to go then we can apply seems like this time round it's gonna be easier.

Hi all wondering if someone can help me with a question regarding the application. At some point they ask you details about family members(brothers sisters parents that isnt coming with you to Australia) is this question related to both the main applicant and secondary applicant? because it gives only option of Parent and not really who's parent it is? :blush:

Wish this was done...few weeks to go then we can apply seems like this time round it's gonna be easier.

Hi Chantelle!

They just mean the main applicant. Ours took 5 days to come through, hopefully yours will be the same! We applied last Monday (16th) and it was approved on the Friday (20th). Such a great feeling!

Good luck!

Lee-Ann :)

Thanks Lee-Ann doing our federal police clearance this week then by the time they are ready we can lodge hope ours goes so fast...

PS congrats on getting your PR :-)

Archived