Senior Mechanical/electrical Engineers

derekdup

I work for a leading mining consultancy, providing services exclusively to the minerals sector. We are headquartered in Melbourne and have offices in Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Vancouver and the UK. Our Melbourne office is looking for Senior Mechanical/Electrical Engineers.

To be considered, you should demonstrate the ability:

• To communicate with a variety of stakeholders including management, technical professionals and operational personnel.

• To work either independently or as part of a project team in a cooperative environment.

• To write clear and concise reports.

Qualifications and Experience

• Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering

• 10 or more years experience in the mining industry, including technical and/or operational roles.

• Membership of, or eligibility to become a member of, an industry recognised professional organisation.

457 Sponsorship and relocation assistance is available.

Please contact me ddupreez@amcconsultants.com.au with your resume and we can discuss the role further.

• 2 years later...

Good day Derekdup

I see you posted the above almost 3 years ago but a person never knows what you might miss if you don't knock.

I am currently in the process of applying for my 190 SS PR visa to Queensland. Medicals were done 2 weeks ago which was the last step so just waiting for approval.

I have completed both my Diploma and B-tech degree in electrical engineering and am currently completing my BSc Hons in Technology Management through the University of Pretoria whilst still working.

Although I have not worked within the mining industry, I am currently permanently employed with Eskom Distribution and have been since 2007. I was an Eskom bursar since 2004 and completed my training in 2006. Prior to this, I worked a shut down at Engen Refinery as a QC inspector assistant and also a shut down at Hullets Aluminum as a PLC software trainee engineer.

I would really like to try secure work before moving over as it would reduce the stress of trying to secure it when there.

If you have any suggestions or contacts I could speak to, I would really appreciate the assistance.

Many thanks

Regards

Marcelle

Hi Marcelle,

I did not get a lot of interests from the post then and ended up recruiting an onshore candidate. I have since moved on and am now working for one of the major resource companies.

Things have changed considerably and opportunities are far less now. Employers have a lot more candidates to choose from, hence it will be a bit harder to secure a job whilst still in RSA.

All the best with securing a job.

Regards

Derek du Preez

Good evening Derek

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

I do understand that it will be more difficult to secure a job whilst in South Africa. It really seems like the best thing to do is go over to Australia with a HUGE amount of faith and pray I secure a job pretty soon as these South African Rands will not last very long. Just such a scary thought to leave the Security of a well paying job here to not having something there.

Tough decisions, especially in these economic times.