Council Pick Up Days

Meintjies

I was just wondering how this works - council pick up days

i read on one of the other topics that you can find a lot of stuff on the road on these days

My cousin in Perth also told me about his, he found a bicycle for his son and dining room table like this

does this also happen in Canberra?:huh:

I was just wondering how this works - council pick up days

i read on one of the other topics that you can find a lot of stuff on the road on these days

My cousin in Perth also told me about his, he found a bicycle for his son and dining room table like this

does this also happen in Canberra?:huh:

They do a their own version of it, called Second Hand Sundays. http://www.tams.act.gov.au/play/community_events/second-hand_sunday

Slightly different, but with the same result = free stuff. http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclecanberra/description

Ahh I remember my first item I picked up from the pavement like it was yesterday. I remember turning bright red as I picked up a slightly used double pram for a outing to the zoo with the kids. I returned it to the pavement later that evening as I only needed it for one day. Subsequently I have help myself to a very useful sleeper couch in perfect nick and many body boards as the kids always seem to leave them behind somewhere. I have also help to give a young girl sharing a kayak with her sister her own one which I collected one morning. She was very appreciative. So if I was a young starter couple with limited cash flow I would have definitley been driving to the best suburbs on council clean-up days and collected all my required furniture untill I was in the position to buy what I wanted. The embarrassment is only experienced on you maiden collection :)

Ahh I remember my first item I picked up from the pavement like it was yesterday. I remember turning bright red as I picked up a slightly used double pram for a outing to the zoo with the kids. I returned it to the pavement later that evening as I only needed it for one day. Subsequently I have help myself to a very useful sleeper couch in perfect nick and many body boards as the kids always seem to leave them behind somewhere. I have also help to give a young girl sharing a kayak with her sister her own one which I collected one morning. She was very appreciative. So if I was a young starter couple with limited cash flow I would have definitley been driving to the best suburbs on council clean-up days and collected all my required furniture untill I was in the position to buy what I wanted. The embarrassment is only experienced on you maiden collection :)

I was thinking the same thing, we are not use to that type of thing in South AFrica. Will have to get use to it. But I suppose when you share again, you feel better.... :rolleyes:

I wonder if the people who put out the pram, saw you take it and then return it the same day?

Can you imagine what they might have thought.:D

I miss kerb pick ups, we don't have them in Moranbah, we have to either take goods to the lifeline shop or the dump.

Archived