SA Braai tang

ronster

Haibo! Braai Rule #3872 sub-section a, paragraph 3 in the rule book.

1. 3872-a)3): Thou shalt never cut the meat to check if it’s ready. Thou shalt simply know by the way it feels when thou squeezeth it and the juices runneth out :santa:

Good thinking on the looking cool though. Rule #9927 sub-section k, paragraph 8. :santa:

Very true words, but look at Rule #9223 section 2 par 1, if your wife is pregnant.. Cut the bladdy meat to make sure it is exactly the way she likes it..

Very true words, but look at Rule #9223 section 2 par 1, if your wife is pregnant.. Cut the bladdy meat to make sure it is exactly the way she likes it..

Ah, of course, I see you have read the manual.

I believe that rule is in Chapter 9: “Rule Allowances for keeping the Missus Happy, therefore being granted more Braai Timeâ€

Ah, of course, I see you have read the manual.

I believe that rule is in Chapter 9: “Rule Allowances for keeping the Missus Happy, therefore being granted more Braai Timeâ€

It is indeed in Chapter 9, damn important chapter if you ask me.. Should have been earlier in the manual... Luckely Chapter 1 clearly states. "Thou shall not lay thou hands on a braai tang before reading every word in thee book ..... Twice!"

It is indeed in Chapter 9, damn important chapter if you ask me.. Should have been earlier in the manual... Luckely Chapter 1 clearly states. "Thou shall not lay thou hands on a braai tang before reading every word in thee book ..... Twice!"

:santa: And for Poms – three times.

“Chapter 15 – Braaing in snow and other conditions where the ordinary man would not dare to braai†got me through 7 years living in the UK.

Hey Hansa, those moffie tongs you use can not move the bricks or logs around in the fire.

You need something more versitile!

:ilikeit:

Lol you guys! Very amusing thread this :unsure:

Quick question (maybe a little off-topic): where do you recommend we buy a potjie pot (in SA)? We want to buy now before they pack the container.

I have no clue about prices, but the options I've heard are Builder's Warehouse, Makro, etc. Makro it's about R500 for a size 3 (Best Duty) if I remember right. And where all can we buy the Weber-grid adapter thingie that the potjie sits on? I have seen them at Builders but want to know if there's a 'must shop there' place where everyone buys their braai goods.

ALSO, is it worthwhile buying a flat-bottom pot (for potbroodjie/puddings etc)? My thought is that if we have one and don't use it (often), at least we have it and don't need to hunt and spend mega-dollars in Aus buying one. But I'm probably going to have to twist hubby's arm a little to 'splurge' so much!! :(:)

ALSO, is it worthwhile buying a flat-bottom pot (for potbroodjie/puddings etc)? My thought is that if we have one and don't use it (often), at least we have it and don't need to hunt and spend mega-dollars in Aus buying one. But I'm probably going to have to twist hubby's arm a little to 'splurge' so much!! :(:)

I wouldn’t bother buying a flat bottomed one in SA – they are all over the place in Aus – they’re called “camp ovens†and you’ll find them in just about every camping store and they’re not too expensive from what I’ve seen.

Australia is camping heaven, and shops like Ray’s Outdoors, Aussie Disposals and Anaconda are great.

Hey Hansa, those moffie tongs you use can not move the bricks or logs around in the fire.

You need something more versitile!

:(

No need. I just move them with my bare hands. :)

You can get the tongs in Perth at African Heritage in Duncraig, Clarkson and the Malaga shops @ $15.00. :ilikeit:

You can get the tongs in African Delights - Dural(Sydney) as well. Pots too

Archived