Apprenticeship

Lisa S

My son will finally be joining us on Saturday after a full recovery from his back op in SA. Now he needs to start his career as we have put it on hold long enough. He left school end of 2008 but we were waiting for our visa so he did not start his studies and then of course we discovered in Febraury that he needed to have a major back op, so his life has been on hold for a while now. Well he has finally decided what he wants to do, and that is Mechanical engineering, so we are looking for a company to offer him an apprenticeship. Is there anyone out there that can give us some advice as to where to start or what to do or even if anyone knows of a company that we may be able to approach. We are new at this and did not get any career advice in Sa so dont even know how it works. We cant afford to send him to University as it is very expensive and just can not afford that right now, our set up costs have been very crippling. Any advice please we are living North of Perth in Kinross which is in the City of Joondalup.

I would suggest you contct the Subiaco Tafe, they handle the mechanical Engineering apprenticeships.

Also look at the appreticeship wa website, you will find some of the appreticships listed on this website.

http://www.trainingwa.wa.gov.au/apprentice.../detcms/portal/

I met a gentleman at the Careers Expo last month, he was head hunting for Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeships, I did not get his card, but I think you he was part of the business development corporation - watrainning board.

You can also contact companies , like CAT. etc

Good luck

Cheers

Enrica

Thanx Search ad Enrica

My son arrived on Saturday so this week will will be going Subiaco and the universities to get some advice. I have been onto the apprentice site but nothing for mechanical engineers.

See: The Chamber of Minerals and Energy of WA will hold the Unearthing Careers in Resources Conference on Thursday 3 June 2010.

Careers WA

• 1 year later...

Hi Lisa S,

I did a quick google and found: http://www.central.wa.edu.au/courses_caree...spx?tpId=165469

I see you guys have PR, what about a study loan...

Good luck!

Hi do you know of any apprenticeships fop a water pump technician for my son in Sydney?Whats this about a study loan?

Cheers

Ingrid

Our local Toyota dealership is looking for an appy but I would imagine you would prefer your own states - this one is in Gippsland, VIC

Archived