Request Identification Number (RID);

gevans

Hi all

My agent has given me a Request Identification Number (RID), what is this?

My application has been lodged and he tells me that when he next receives correspondence from diac he should also have the actual file reference no.

Sooooo...what is a Pequest Identification Number (RID)?

Please help.

Gevans

Think of it as the file number allocated to your employer's nomination of the job position. When you lodge your application you receive a "File reference number". The two numbers are then linked together and can be matched on the computer system.

My agent has given me a Request Identification Number (RID), what is this?

Hey Gevans, at least your agent is telling you something!

I am envious.

Where are you going and where have you lodged?

Hi Eva

We have lodged at Brisbane and we are going to Mackay, Queensland. From what i have reserched and from what our new friends who live in Mackay have told us we are really excited, (sun, beach, fishing, boating, diving, small town--no traffic) My wife originates from Durb's and myself from St Lucia. So we are originaly from coastal regions then relocated up to Middelburg, Mp. Anyway we are so excited to see our children ride their bikes in the residential streets, play in the parks, let them go to the Movies or just have plane fun.

Tell me more about where what and when in your life?

Cheers

Gevans

Hi Gevans, lucky you, you'll be in the applications that are getting processed quickly then!! The older applications are apparently sitting in a backlog (ours is in there!) and newer ones are being done by different people and getting done quick quick!! See where the envy comes in? I'm really battling to understand that logic - sounds like something I'd expect in Africa!

We are from Durban, going to Toowoomba (just over 100 kms inland from Brisbane) Apparently very like Maritzburg.

All the best...

Eva

Eva

Well at least both of us have the oppertunity to do this immigration thing......we must get together and have a good old braai and a couple of ice cold beers. Hope the beer tastes good overtheir.

Glenn

Hi there.

I have been e-mailing this lady at the business centre where I am lodging my RSMS 119 visa all of a sudden I too have a RID number appearing at the top of the e-mails. It seems to have happened when the recieved my 47es forms. So it must be my application number. I asked her today if she was my case officer and yip she is. I guess that we'd been communicating so long that it didn't seem to occur that I didn't know that. She has been very helpful answering very arb questions for me.

B

Hi Brick

Well now i dont know what is going on..... (Jordy, post no 2)said that it is not the application reference no but a file number allocated to your employer's nomination of the job position.

Please help?

Gevans

It is defi what I said. My employer was given this number in response to their application submission. I was given this number by my employer after they submitted and before I applied to DIAC.

Okay so here is what I know.

In a letter sent by DIAC regarding my nomination under the RSMS scheme to my employer there is a Request ID number and a client ID number. That was done before my formal application. Okay no worries.

but now in my correspondance with my CO there is a RID number which is different to the original Request ID number.

So I think the RID I have must be refering to something more in referance to my application. So possibly the RID is not the same as the Request ID when a employer is requesting a nomination for RSMS.

B